The primary function of the LGBTQIA+ Advisory Committee is to serve in an advisory capacity to the University through the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students on matters pertaining to the effective delivery of programs and services to the LGBTQIA+ community at California State University, Northridge.
The LGBTQIA+ Advisory Committee is charged with:
- Promoting a university environment that is welcoming and fosters success among LGBTQIA+ students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Supporting a variety of strategies that assist in educating the university community about the needs of LGBTQIA+ people and how to best support them.
- Reviewing and recommending policies, procedures and initiatives that will support LGBTQIA_ persons (e.g., gender neutral restrooms, use of preferred name, nondiscrimination policies, etc.) on and off campus.
- Promoting the development of appropriate support services in areas such as counseling, health and wellness, and advising.
- Reviewing existing program and service efforts and identifying gaps, if any, in meeting the needs of LGBTQIA+ persons.
- Providing advice and supporting programs and activities that celebrate the successes of LGBTQIA+ people.
|Associated Students president or designee
|Athletics Director or designee
|Chief Diversity Officer or designee
|Chief of Police or designee
|CSUN Information Technology representative
|CSUN LGBTQIA+ Alum
|CSUN Alumni Association representative
|Equity and Compliance Director or designee
|Faculty Affairs representative
|Faculty Member at large (Recommended by the Faculty Senate), Co-Chair
|Human Sexuality Program Director or designee
|Human Resources representative
|Klotz Student Health Center representative
|LGBTQIA+ Student Organization(s) president(s) or designee(s)
|LGBTQIA+ Advisory Committee Administrative Assistant or designee (Admin Support)
|Pride Center Manager or designee
|Pride Center Student Assistant
|Queer Studies Program Director or designee
|Student Involvement and Development (OSID)/Matador Involvement Center (MIC) representative
|Student at Large representative
|Student Housing and Residential Life representative
|University Counseling Services representative
|University Librarian representative
|USU Assistant Director, Resource Centers, Co-Chair