The B. S. degree in Computer Science is designed for students interested in a broad exposure to the field of computing and computer programming. The B. S. degree in Computer Science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The B. S. in Computer Science program requires a total of 120 units, including general education requirements, pre-major core, major core and a 15 unit sequence of elective courses referred to as the senior electives. A Computer Science major must complete a minimum of 18 residency units of upper division computer science courses of which 12 of these units must be from the senior electives sequence; this is in addition to all other institutional residency requirements.
The Department also offers a 22 unit Computer Science Minor for students in other majors who wish to minor in computer science.
- Course Diagram for BS in Computer Science 2020-2021
- Course Diagram for Minor in Computer Science 2020-2021
- Requirements for BS in Computer Science
- Requirements for Minor in Computer Science
- 4-Year Plan (Degree Roadmap) for BS in Computer Science
- List of Computer Science/Computer Information Technology Courses
- Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes for BS in Computer Science