Fall 2017 Cohort
Enrollment Eligibility and Application Instructions
- Must be a current/continuing CSUN student in good standing or able to provide proof of acceptance to CSUN for Fall 2017
- Completion of DEAF 281 (ASL IV) or equivalent class with a grade of B or better
NOTE: Completion of the following advanced ASL development courses is NOT REQUIRED in order to apply and be considered for acceptance into the IEP program:
- DEAF 300 (Advanced ASL Conversation); and
- DEAF 370 (ASL/English Translation)
- Understand adult-level ASL discourse; and
- Have an above-average working vocabulary in ASL and English
The IEP application consists of the following parts:
- Intent to Apply (Email)
- Written Application (3 parts)
- Personal Information
- Typed Narrative Essay Describing your Deaf Community Experience(s)
- Signed Certification of Accuracy, Agreement, Release & Accountability
Click on the APPLICATION LINK below to view the application and complete instructions.
Application Deadline: 5:00pm on Wednesday, March 1, 2017
LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
SCREENING PROCESS/ACCEPTANCE INTO PROGRAM – WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Step 1. Applications are reviewed and screened beginning March 2, 2017. Only those students who meet all eligibility requirements and qualifications will be invited to participate in the video screening (Step 2).
- Step 2. Video Screening (By Appointment Only). A one-hour video screening will be conducted which is intended to further assess ASL comprehension, production, and basic translation skills.
- Step 3. Follow-Up Interviews (By Invitation Only). Follow-up interviews with some applicants may be requested to obtain more information about their potential and qualifications.
- Step 4. Notification of Acceptance into the Program
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Notification of Invitation to Screen: Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Video Screening (By Appointment Only): April 24–28, 2017
- Follow-Up Interviews (By Invitation Only): May 2017
- Notification of Acceptance into the Program: June 2017