The application period for the Interpreter Education Program (IEP) is currently closed. For more information about our IEP, we have made available our Interpreter Education Program Information Session recording along with a transcript for more information on the program, required qualifications, and the application process. You can access them at the following link:
Information on the application process for the Fall 2024 IEP Cohort will be posted in January 2024. NOTE: If you are not a CSUN student and want to apply for the Fall 2024 IEP Cohort, you are also REQUIRED to apply to the university by January 31, 2024. For more information about admission requirements/deadlines, please visit the university website for prospective students: http://www.csun.edu/prospectivestudents
FALL 2024 COHORT
- Must be a current/continuing CSUN student in good standing OR a prospective student who has applied to attend CSUN starting in Fall 2024 and are awaiting official acceptance. NOTE: Prospective students are eligible to apply to the IEP Program and participate in the entire application/screening process. However, admission/acceptance into the program will require official proof of acceptance to CSUN for Fall 2024.
- Completion of DEAF 281 (ASL IV) or equivalent with a grade of B or better.
NOTE: Completion of any of the following advanced ASL development courses is recommended but is NOT REQUIRED in order to apply and be considered for acceptance into the program:
- DEAF 300 (Advanced ASL Conversation)
- DEAF 350 (Principles of Sign Language Interpretation)
- DEAF 370 (ASL/English Translation)
- Understand adult-level ASL discourse; and
- Have an above-average working vocabulary in ASL and English
The application for the Fall 2024 Cohort with complete instructions/deadlines will be available in January 2024. Continue to check this website for updates.