The application period for the Fall 2018 Interpreter Education Program (IEP) is now closed.
Information on the application process for the Fall 2019 IEP Cohort will be posted in Fecruary 2019. If you are not a CSUN student and plan to apply for Fall 2019 IEP Cohort, you are also required to apply to the university by November 2018. For more information, please go to the university link for prospective students.
FALL 2019 COHORT
- Must be a current CSUN student in good standing or able to provide proof of acceptance to CSUN for Fall 2019
- Completion of DEAF 281 (ASL IV) or equivalent with a grade of B or better
NOTE: Completion of the following advanced ASL development courses is NOT REQUIRED in order to apply and be considered for acceptance into the IEP program:
- DEAF 300 (Advanced ASL Conversation); and
- DEAF 370 (ASL/English Translation)
- Understand adult-level ASL discourse; and
- Have an above-average working vocabulary in ASL and English
The application for the Fall 2019 Cohort and complete application instructions will be available in February 2019. Continue to check this website for updates.