The application period for the Fall 2017 Interpreter Education Program (IEP) is now closed.
Information on the application process for the Fall 2018 IEP cohort will be posted in February 2018. If you are not a CSUN student and plan to apply for the Fall 2018 IEP cohort, you are also required to apply to the university by November 2017. For more information, please go to the university link for prospective students: http://www.csun.edu/prospectivestudents
FALL 2018 COHORT
- Must be a current/continuing CSUN student in good standing or able to provide proof of acceptance to CSUN for Fall 2018
- Completion of DEAF 281 (ASL IV) or equivalent class with a grade of B or better
NOTE: Completion of the following advanced ASL development courses is NOT REQUIRED in order to apply and be considered for acceptance into the IEP program:
- DEAF 300 (Advanced ASL Conversation); and
- DEAF 370 (ASL/English Translation)
- Understand adult-level ASL discourse; and
- Have an above-average working vocabulary in ASL and English
The application for the Fall 2018 Cohort and complete application instructions will be available February 2018. Check this website for updates.