CARE Mission Statement
CARE’s mission is to design and conduct evaluations of extramurally and intramurally funded projects for faculty, staff and academic/administrative campus units; procure new extramural funds through grants and contracts; and provide assessment, research, and evaluation services/opportunities for faculty, students, staff, and the surrounding community.
Thus, the goals of CARE are to:
- Support CSUN investigators in developing research designs and evaluation plans for proposals for external funding.
- Provide evaluation services for funded grants/contracts (i.e., external evaluation).
- Provide research implementation and analytic support for campus investigators.
- Provide assessment services to academic units (e.g., colleges, departments), centers, institutions, and personnel on campus (e.g., scale creation, dissemination, psychometric evaluation).
- Pursue external grant funds in the areas of assessment, research design, and evaluation.
- Pursue local, state, and federal contracts related to consulting, assessment, research implementation, and/or evaluation services.
- Provide professional development for faculty, students, and staff in the areas of assessment and evaluation research.
- Provide educational and training opportunities for students by participating in CARE research activities.