Sede Vacante 1670
December 9, 1669—April 29, 1670
Documents concerning the Conclave of 1669-1670
- Aphorisms attributed to Cardinal Decio Azzolini [but probably from the pen of Stefano Pignatelli] about the conduct of leaders of factions in a conclave.
- Cardinal Leopold de' Medici to his brother, Duke Ferdinand II (December 12, 1669)
- Instructions of King Louis XIV of France for the Duc de Chaulnes, his Ambassador Extraordinary in Rome (December 22, 1669).
- Speech of the Duc de Chaulnes to the Doge and Senate of Venice, on the desirability of cooperation between Venetian and French Cardinals at the Conclave (January, 1670).
- Letter of Christine of Sweden to Cardinal Decio Azzolini (January 18, 1670).
- The Duc de Chaulnes to Louis XIV, on conversations with Queen Christina (January 21, 1670)
- The Duc de Chaulnes' speech to the College of Cardinals (January 22, 1670).
- Report of the Duc de Chaulnes to Louis XIV (February 12, 1670).
- The Duc de Chaulnes to King Louis XIV, about negotiations with Queen Christine, and Cardinal Vidoni's chances (March 4, 1670).
July 22, 2014 7:01 PM