It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator to monitor all expenses related to his/her project.
The monitoring relates to the following issues:
- Are all expenses charged to the project related to the project?
- Are all expenses fully allocable to the project?
- If an expense is only partially allocable to a project, is the allocation justified, reasonable, explicable and well documented?
- Are all expenses in the correct project period?
- Are all expenses reasonable?
- Are the expenses within the budgeted amount?
The following tools are available for Expense Monitoring:
- Project Budget Summary (BBA - Report): Daily updated reports are available at http://www.csun.edu/sponsoredprograms/reports/
- Detail Trial Balances (DTB): Monthly updated reports are available through the Solar Portal. Please contact Mahyar Sadri at X 6414 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Custom Reports: You may request custom reports at any time by contacting any of the TUC-Sponsored Programs team members. Please check our Contacts web site
Expenses should be monitored continuously as they are incurred and booked. It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator to review the Detail Trial Balance (DTB) of his/ her project at least once a month.