This is a tutorial only. No login is required.
Holds are “indicators” on your student record that require your attention. Some holds prevent you from enrolling in classes until you clear them. Such holds are called Registration Holds.
Registration holds are reminders for required academic advisement, finances, Title IX "Not Anymore" training, needing to declare a major, etc. For example, an Advisement Hold means that you must meet with your academic advisor before enrolling in classes.
Check for registration holds well before your enrollment appointment each semester. Then clear them! You can view holds online in two locations:
- Registration holds only – in My Checklist > Incomplete Tasks
- All holds - in the SOLAR Student Center
Navigating to these locations is easy. Read on.
Go to the CSUN home page at www.csun.edu and:
- Select the myNorthridge Portal link.
- Log in with your CSUN User ID and Password.
- Registration holds are listed in the Incomplete Tasks section of My Checklist. Important! Only registration holds display in My Checklist.
- To view all holds and the offices you need to contact to clear them, select the "Student Center (SOLAR)" link in the Quick Links box to the right of My Checklist.
In the SOLAR Student Center, you can view all holds in the Holds box.
If no holds have been placed on your record, the words No Holds display.
In this example, the student has one registration hold that requires action for:
- Not Anymore...Title 9 (Title IX) Training Required (the national program to prevent sexual misconduct and violence on college campuses).
Click the details link in the Holds box.
The Your Holds page displays.
The Item List table displays holds, amount owed if any, institution, term and department initiating the hold. Contact the department listed for assistance.
Click a Hold Item link for more details.
The Hold Item page displays the hold you selected along with the reason, term, contact information, and basic instructions to clear the hold.
Click Return to go back to the Hold Items list.
Back at the Hold Item list, select another hold link.
Or, return to the Student Center. From the drop down menu, select Student Center and click the "GO" button.
Be sure to log out.