This is a tutorial only. No login is required.
Holds are “indicators” on your student record that require your attention and action. There are many kinds of holds, from “advisement” to “undecided major.”
An Advisement Hold, for example, means that you must meet with your academic advisor before enrolling in classes. This hold and others belong to a category of Registration Holds, which block enrollment in classes.
Check for holds occasionally in order to clear them. You can view holds online in two locations:
- Registration holds only – in My Checklist
- All holds - in the SOLAR Student Center
Navigating to these two locations is easy. Read on.
Go to the CSUN home page at www.csun.edu and:
- Select the myNorthridge Portal link.
- Log in with your CSUN User ID and Password.
- Registration holds are listed in the Incomplete Tasks section in the My Checklist box. Important! Only registration holds display in My Checklist. Wave the mouse over each hold message to view details.
- To view all holds, select the "Student Center (SOLAR)" link in the Quick Links box to the right of My Checklist.
In the SOLAR Student Center, you can view all holds in the Holds box.
If no holds have been placed on your record, the words No Holds display.
In this example, the student has two registration holds that require action for:
- Academic advisement
Click the details link in the Holds box.
The Your Holds page displays.
Three drop down menus allow you to filter your holds by institution, term and department. Filtering is not necessary in most cases. Filter fields display only when two or more holds have been placed on the record.
The Item List table displays holds, amount owed if any, institution, term and department initiating the hold.
Click a Hold Item link for more details.
The Hold Item page displays the hold you selected along with the reason, term, contact information, and basic instructions to clear the hold.
Click Return to go back to the Hold Items list.
Back at the Hold Item list, select another hold link.
Or, return to the Student Center. From the drop down menu, select Student Center and click the "GO" button.