Fall 2024 admissions information is available at Upper-Division Transfer Applicant. Please note these important changes for fall 2024 and spring 2025 impaction:
- Campus (local area) impaction is no longer in effect for transfer students from California as of the fall 2023 admissions cycle.
- Only four majors are impacted. Transfer applicants will need to meet the supplementary criteria if they choose an impacted major.
Find the list of impacted majors at Transfer Impaction.
Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 Local Area Impaction
This list of California community colleges within CSUN's local admissions area is provided below for historical reference only. Local-area impaction for transfer applicants was last in effect for the fall 2022 and spring 2023 academic year.
To be considered a local-area applicant, you must have completed a majority of your transferable units from one or a combination of the California community colleges listed below:
- Antelope Valley College
- College of the Canyons
- Compton College
- East Los Angeles College
- El Camino College
- Glendale Community College
- Los Angeles City College
- Los Angeles Harbor College
- Los Angeles Mission College
- Los Angeles Pierce College
- Los Angeles Trade Technical College
- Los Angeles Valley College
- Moorpark College
- Oxnard College
- Pasadena City College
- Santa Monica College
- Southwest Los Angeles College
- Ventura College
- West Los Angeles College