CSUN has removed local-area impaction.
Beginning with fall 2024 admissions to CSUN, local-area (regional) impaction is no longer in effect. All California applicants will need to meet the same minimum standard CSU admissions criteria. Applicants will also need to meet any supplementary criteria for the four impacted academic programs if they choose one of those majors.
The list of high school districts within CSUN's local admissions area is effective through the fall 2023 and spring 2024 academic year. Beginning fall 2024, this list is published for historical reference only.
- Acton-Agua Dulce Unified School District
- Antelope Valley Union
- Beverly Hills Unified School District
- Burbank Unified School District
- Compton Unified School District
- Culver City Unified School District
- Glendale Unified School District
- Inglewood Unified School District
- La Canada Unified School District
- Las Virgenes Unified School District
- Los Angeles Unified School District – Excluding the LAUSD schools listed below.
- Lynwood Unified School District
- Pasadena Unified School District
- San Gabriel Unified School District
- San Marino Unified School District
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District
- William S. Hart Union High School District
- All charter and private high schools within the districts above
The following schools/districts are no longer included in CSUN’s local area.
LAUSD excluded schools:
- Maya Angelou Community High School – Social Justice and Fine Arts
- Maya Angelou Community High School – Social Justice and Global Issues
- Bravo Medical Magnet High School
- Downtown Magnets High School
- Eagle Rock High School
- Garfield High School
- Lincoln High School
- Marshall High School
- Orthopedic Hospital Magnet High School
- Wilson High School
Alhambra Unified School District:
- Alhambra High School
- Century High School
- Independence High School
- Mark Keppel High School
- San Gabriel High School
South Pasadena Unified School District:
- South Pasadena High School
- All high school districts within Ventura County
- For students who reside in CSUN’s local area but attended a high school outside the local area, for the purposes of admission, the high school determines residency.
- For admission purposes, a home-schooled student’s residency is determined by his or her home address.