- 1 lb Vine Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 Avocados
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Rinse all of the fresh produce
- Chop tomatoes in 1/4 in. pieces
- Slice cucumber in 1/4 in. pieces
- Slice red onions, then cut slices in half
- Chop cilantro
- Dice avocados
- Place tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and avocado into a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Add black pepper to taste.
Serve and Enjoy!
PER SERVING \ RECIPE SERVES 2
CALORIES 487 | FAT 39.8G | FIBER 16.3G| PROTEIN 7.1G | CARB 35.1G | CALCIUM 84MG
To download this recipe, click here: Tomato Avocado Salad
- Cucumbes: Eating cucumbers with the peel increases fiber intake. The peel also helps retain moisture within the cucumber. One cucumber contains close to an entire cup of water.
- Tomatoes: Store toomatoes at room temperature, oout oof direct sunlight. To extend shelf life, tomatoes can be stores in the refrigerator. To improve the flavor of refrigerated tomatoes, let them sit on the counter at room temperature for a couple of hours prior too slicing or eating.