This application was created to improve the mobile experience of students, faculty, staff, visitors and neighbors who interact with CSUN’s campus and community.
The app is available at no additional cost.
Features (Updated 11/03/16)
- Access My Weekly Schedule, Student Academic Calendar, View My Grades, and View My Test Scores.
- Account Summary (Previously Pay Now)
- View CSUN student account information.
- Ask Matty
- If you have a question and don't know where to start, Ask Matty is your one-stop-shop for all answers CSUN.
- Access real-time scores, recaps, up-to-date game schedules, news and Twitter feeds for your favorite Matador sports teams.
- Stay in the loop about important dates, e.g., campus closures, the first and last days of each semester, registration periods, deadlines for financial aid and adding and dropping classes, as well as events hosted by the Valley Performing Arts Center, University Student Union and Associated Students.
- Search the catalog for any CSUN eatery including its location, phone number, website, nutritional analyses of various menu items, daily specials and up-to-date hours.
- Emergency Info
- Look up contact numbers for the CSUN police department; campus safety escorts, who walk students from class to their car at night; car jump-starts or key lockout assistance; crime reporting; crisis intervention and support.
- Employee Directory*
- The employee directory allows you to search for faculty or staff members’ university email addresses and telephone numbers as well as office and building locations on the app’s GPS-enabled map. You can also add contacts to your smartphone.
- Employee eTravel (for CSUN staff only)
- Users can add expenses or scan receipts while on the go.
- Enrollment (Previously Enroll in a Class)
- Includes Class Search, Enroll in Class, Registration Planner and View Enrollment Appointment.
- Indoor Maps
- Indoor navigation for Bayramian Hall, Chaparral Hall, Education Building, Eucalyptus Hall, Jacaranda Hall, Jerome Richfield Hall. Juniper Hall, Manzanita Hall, Oviatt Library, Redwood Hall, Sierra Hall, Sequoia Hall, University Student Union, and the Valley Performing Arts Center.
- Tap into the library’s online services such as the catalog, book renewals and study room reservations. The feature also allows you to contact a librarian via text message, phone or email, or chat with a subject specialist. You can also access the library’s social media, floor plans and most up-to-date hours.
- Map (directory and GPS-enabled map and search)
- You can use the GPS-enabled map to search for buildings and departments, campus dining and other facilities. You can also search locations by category.
- If you have a CSUN user ID and password, you can log in to Moodle, and access class information and course work.
- My Financial Aid (View Financial Aid)
- Allows students to view their financial aid information.
- Read Matador athletic highlights as well as top stories about the scholastic achievements, community investments and worldwide impact of CSUN’s award-winning faculty, students and alumni.
- Personal Information
- Enables students, to update their emergency contact, address and phone number with just a few clicks.
- Browse through CSUN’s photographs to get a snapshot of campus and its students, faculty and staff.
- Police Services
- Users can access vital information such as campus alerts, crime logs, look up important numbers and view parking information.
- Purchase Parking
- In the past, students had the ability to purchase their permits online but now they can do so directly from the mobile app itself. Just open up the CSUN mobile app, and select Purchase Parking to begin your transaction.
- Safety Escort
- Never walk alone again! Request a safety escort from dusk until 11:30 p.m., Monday - Thursday.
- Social Media
- Find all the CSUN Twitter and Facebook feeds here in one place.
- SRC - Student Recreation Center
- All students, faculty and staff can conveniently view the SRC group exercise class schedule, access SRC social media accounts and much more.
- Student Directory*
- If you have a CSUN user ID and password, you can search for your classmates’ university email addresses. You can also add contacts to your smartphone.
- Use this feature to take a virtual tour of the campus. Learn about academic and administrative facilities, hear interesting facts about the university and learn about student clubs, services and organizations.
- Real-time CSUN shuttle tracking. Select your shuttle stop location and then from the Stops tab, view estimated arrival times.
- Get additional information on the CSUN app and view tutorials.
- USU (University Student Union)
- View information for the University Student Union.
- Watch how-to videos on topics such as registering for classes and graduating on time, catch highlights from the biggest campus events and look up clips of what classmates and professors are currently working on.
*Please note that some features are restricted to authenticated users and require a login.
The app is a work-in-progress, we’ll continue to improve and enhance your mobile experience throughout the future.
Native apps are available for iPhone/iPod Touch (iOS 5.0+) and Android phones (Android 2.2+).
Yes. Go to m.csun.edu to access the application; however, Maps is not available. Also, if you are using IE10, your computer cannot be in compatibility mode.
While it is possible to run the native iOS iPhone app from the Apple App Store on an iPad, we suggest you use the web version at m.csun.edu when running the app on an iPad because it utilizes the full screen as pictured below.
Go to the Enroll in Class module and select Weekly Schedule.
If you selected the "Switch to the standard theme" link, you have to close the app and relaunch to return to mobile version.
Apple App Store: 46,612
Google Play Store: 20,975
Did you find a bug? Do you have an idea for future development? Let us know. Send your feedback to email@example.com or use the Feedback icon located at the bottom of the app's home screen.