- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Acceptable score on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) if undergraduate GPA is below 3.0.
- Possession of a valid California credential.
- Five years of professional educational experience with a clear teaching or services credential.
- Passing score on the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
- Two letters of recommendation from practicing school administrators and one must be from your principal or immediate administrator supervisor. Please use the ELPS Letter of Recommendation Form.
- Once in the program, all graduate students must pass the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam. (A student does not have to take this exam if they attended and graduated from a Cal State University for their undergraduate degree.)
Application Process to the Master's in Educational Administration K-12
Step 1 - Submit a Declaration of Intent
Step 2 - Application to the University
The first application is to the University. In other words, you must apply and be accepted to California State University, Northridge. This gets you into the University itself and allows you to then become involved in a specific program.
If you are interested in applying for Financial Aid, please view the information video online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqpvGuW0fBQ