Educational Leadership & Policy Studies



  • Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree.
  • Possession of a valid California credential.
  • Five years of successful, full-time teaching experience with a clear teaching credential and an English Language Learner authorization or a clear or life California services credential in pupil personnel services, health services for school nurse, teacher librarian services, or speech-language pathology or clinical or rehabilitative services, requiring a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including field work or the equivalent.
  • Passing score on the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
  • Two letters of recommendation from practicing school administrators and one must be from your principal or immediate administrator supervisor.  Please use the ELPS Letter of Recommendation Form.
  • Once in the program, all graduate students must pass the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam. (A student does not have to take this exam if they attended and graduated from a Cal State University for their undergraduate degree.)

Master's in PK12 Educational Administration and Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program(s) 

Step 1 - Complete a Declaration of Intent  and e-mail to

Step 2 - STOP - Do not move to Step 3 until you receive confirmation from the ELPS Office  (from ). 

Step 3 - Application to the University

The first application is to the University. In other words, you must apply and be accepted to California State University, Northridge. This gets you into the University itself and allows you to then become involved in a specific program. 

If you are interested in applying for Financial Aid, please view the information video online at

Step 3 - Apply to the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program