- Five years of successful full-time teaching experience, (verified by employed school district’s HR office) with a clear teaching credential, and
- an English Language Learner authorization or a clear or life California services credential in pupil personnel services, health services for school nurse, teacher librarian services, or speech-language pathology or clinical or rehabilitative services, requiring a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including field work or the equivalent.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree.
- Possession of a valid California credential.
- Basic Skills Requirement:
- Passing score on California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- or other CCTC approved option
- Two letters of recommendation from practicing school administrators
- One from your principal or immediate administrator/ supervisor.
- Please use the ELPS Letter of Recommendation Form
- All MA students must take the Comprehensive Examination.
- An average grade of “B” or better must be maintained throughout the program. No grade lower than a "C" will be accepted.
Master's in PK12 Educational Administration and Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program(s)
Step 1 - Complete a Declaration of Intent and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2 - STOP - Do not move to Step 3 until you receive confirmation from the ELPS Office (from email@example.com ).
Step 3 - Application to the University
The first application is to the University. In other words, you must apply and be accepted to California State University, Northridge. This gets you into the University itself and allows you to then become involved in a specific program.
If you are interested in applying for Financial Aid, please view the information video online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqpvGuW0fBQ