Joined by community members on Feb. 21, 2017 Sen. Bob Hertzberg (D-Van Nuys) announced a new partnership with California State University, Northridge’s income tax preparation assistance program during a press conference at Morningside Elementary School, one of three new clinic locations in the City of San Fernando. Read more about CSUN's income tax preparation assistance program.
California State University, Northridge (CSUN) launches the 2017 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Clinic, offering free assistance with state and federal tax preparation to low-income individuals and families, including non-English speakers, people with disabilities and veterans, from Jan. 28 through April 15 at CSUN and satellite locations throughout the San Fernando Valley. Read more about CSUN's income tax preparation assistance program.
A $5 million gift from accounting industry leader Harvey Bookstein and his wife, Harriet — both California State University, Northridge alumni and lifelong supporters of the university — has pushed CSUN over the top in a two-year campaign to raise $25 million for its college of business. Read more about the Bookstein gift.
VITA in the News
- The San Fernando SUN: Free Tax Preparation for Qualified San Fernando Residents
- Senator Hertzberg Announces Expanded Partnership, Encourages City of San Fernando Residents to Sign Up for Tax Savings
- The Citi Community Development Newsletter
- San Fernando Sun
- The Sundial
- CSUN Community Engagement April 2016 Newsletter
- Telemundo Segmento
- Bank of Hope Gives CSUN $20,000 to Support Its Tax Preparation Program for Low-Income Families