We are located in:
Sequoia Hall (SQ) 111
Advisement by appointment.
How We Help You:
- personal one-on-one advisement services
- academic success workshops
- transitional academic programs for first-time freshmen and first-time transfer students
- college based academic advisement services
- recruitment and retention services for students
- adding and dropping classes
- financial-aid re-instatement
- access to financial assistance to those who qualify
- academic re-instatement
- university petitions
- faculty mentoring programs
Review the Transfer Student Group Advisement workshop presentation (pdf)
Early Start Questions? The California State University (CSU) system recently enacted a policy known as "Early Start," requiring incoming first-time freshmen who do not demonstrate readiness for college-level math and/or writing to begin remediation during the summer before enrolling in the CSU. The goals of Early Start are to better prepare students in math and writing before their first semester and thereby improve their chances of completing a college degree.
The EOP has a 45 year history of improving access and retention of historically low-income and educationally disadvantaged students. EOP students have the potential and demonstrated motivation to perform satisfactorily at a CSU, but may not have been able to realize their fullest potential because of economic or educational backgrounds.