Welcome to Cal State Northridge!
We are happy to have you join our CSUN team and wish you the very best as you begin your career here.
New Employee Orientation is held monthly. New employees are automatically signed up for attendance. If you missed your scheduled orientation or would like to confirm your participation, please contact Heather Kennedy in the Office of Human Resources at (818) 677-6566 or email
New Employee Orientation is open to all CSUN staff and faculty members. If you have been here for many years and aren't sure about what's new on campus, or if, perhaps, you don't know how to access information about CalPERS and your other benefits, you'll find this informative session quite helpful. Professional development opportunities and the various retirement plans available to CSU employees are among the many topics reviewed. If you're a current employee and would like to attend the next orientation program, please ask your supervisor for permission.
- Thursday, June 23, 2016
- Friday, August 26, 2016 (New Staff and New Lecturers)
- Thursday, September 29, 2016
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016
- Wednesday, November 30, 2016
The following are among the topics that are addressed at New Employee Orientation:
- Cal State Northridge Overview
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Relations
- Equity and Diversity
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Professional Development & Employee Enrichment
- Police Services and Emergency Preparedness
- The Student Recreation Center (SRC)
- Matador Athletics
- Information Technology at CSUN
In addition to the above information which we believe you will find interesting, NEWO provides information that each employee is responsible for knowing, including the university's emergency preparedness and zero tolerance policies.