Windows and Mac users can download LockDown Browser for CSUN from the Respondus website.
iPad users must download LockDown Browser from the iOS App Store.
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment during an online quiz or exam. Follow the instructions below if you need to use LockDown Browser to take an online quiz or exam for your course.
Respondus LockDown Browser is an application that can be installed on a computer or iPad that meet the following minimum requirements:
- Windows: 11 and 10*
- Includes x86 32 and 64bit processors and ARM 64bit processors using x86 emulation.
- Windows 10/11 "S mode" is not a compatible operating system, nor can LockDown Browser be obtained via the Windows App Store. At present, support for Windows 10/11 "S Mode" isn’t on the roadmap for LockDown Browser.
- Windows 10/11 "SE" is currently not a compatible operating system for LockDown Browser.
- Mac: macOS 10.13 to 13.0+
- iPadOS: 11.0+ (iPad only)
You are taking your Canvas quiz on PC or Mac
- Go to the Canvas course page and find the quiz you will be taking.
- Select the name of the quiz.
- Below the quiz instructions, select Take the Quiz.
- If you don’t already have LockDown Browser installed, you will see an information page.
- Select Download Respondus LockDown Browser to go to the download page.
- Follow the on screen instructions to download and install the software.