Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment during an online quiz or exam. Instructors may use this tool for their Canvas quizzes, either as part of a myCSUNtablet course or any other course. Follow the instructions below if you need to use LockDown Browser to take an online quiz or exam for your course.
Your course is a myCSUNtablet course and you need to take your Canvas quiz on an iPad
In order to take your Canvas quiz on an iPad, you have to install LockDown Browser from the Apple App Store. You can read more about the myCSUNtablet initiative on the myCSUNtablet page or find more technical guides on the myCSUNtablet support page.
You are taking your Canvas quiz on PC or Mac
- Go to the Canvas course page and find the quiz you will be taking.
- Select the name of the quiz.
- Below the quiz instructions, select Take the Quiz.
- If you don’t already have LockDown Browser installed, you will see an information page.
- Select Download Respondus LockDown Browser to go to the download page.
- Follow the on screen instructions to download and install the software.