The Device Loaner Program is available to currently enrolled CSUN students. Please note, if you are waitlisted for all your classes, you are not yet eligible for the program.
The program provides technology to students who are without a device such as a computer or webcam so that they may continue their education uninterrupted. These devices will be checked out at no cost to current students.
Devices may be requested through the CSUN Portal. Students will receive a confirmation email once a device request is approved with a link to create a pickup appointment at the CSUN University Library.
Devices checked out during the Fall 2023 semester are due on Thursday, December 21, 2023. Return the device to the Library Technology Services desk located on the Main Floor of the University Library during service desk operating hours.
If you are enrolled in the Spring 2024 semester and checked out a device during the Fall 2023 semester, your device will be automatically renewed for the Spring 2024 term.
Summer 2023 Check Outs and Prior
For students who still have devices checked out for the Summer 2023 term and/or prior, renewals are not available at this time due to the transition to the CSUN University Library. Devices must be returned to the Library Technology Services desk located on the Main Floor of the University Library. Once returned, you will be eligible to request a new device through the CSUN Portal.
How Can I Request/Pick Up a Device?
Currently enrolled students can begin the request process by completing the Device Loaner Request Form.
- Login to the CSUN Portal.
- On the Student Services dropdown menu, select Student Forms.
- Select the Device Loaner Request link and submit a request for each device you would like to check out.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your request is approved with a link to create a pickup appointment.
- Create a pickup appointment through QLess (only one appointment is needed to pick up multiple devices).
- During your appointment time, pick up your device(s) at the Library Technology Services desk located on the Main Floor of the University Library.
What Devices Can I Borrow?
Enrolled students can check out one of each of the devices below.
If you request both a laptop and iPad, the second device must wait for an approval before it can be picked up. An email will be sent to you and will include the status of your request.
If any of the devices below are no longer an available option to request through the CSUN Portal, this means there are no more devices of that type available to request at this time.
Windows 10 Laptop
15” Lenovo Laptop, Intel Core i5 Processor, 8GB RAM, 250GB Hard Drive
12.9” iPad 4th Generation, Model: A2316, 64GB Storage
T-Mobile Carrier, Franklin Wireless
- If I have a CSUCCESS iPad can I check out a Device Loaner iPad?
No, CSUCCESS users who have an iPad cannot request a Device Loaner iPad.
- If I have a CSUCCESS iPad can I check out a Device Loaner Windows 10 Laptop?
Yes, CSUCCESS users who have an iPad can request a Device Loaner Windows 10 Laptop. However, they will only receive it upon approval.
- Where Can I Return the Device(s)?
Students can return their device at the Library Technology Services desk located on the Main Floor of the University Library during service desk operating hours.
- What Can I Do If I Don't Have Access to the Internet?
If you do not have internet connectivity, request an internet hotspot by completing the Device Loaner Request Form noted above, or visit: resources for internet connectivity for users who do not have it.
If you have any questions, please contact the IT Help Center.