CSUN Digital Equity Day
Join us for the second CSUN Digital Equity Day on Friday, April 28th. The event starts at 10:00 am is being held in HyFlex format (in-person and online) on Zoom and in-person in room SQ104. View the flyer here.
This event features Guadalupe Cardona, 2022 - 2023 Doctoral Student AT Equity Fellow, giving the keynote presentation titled Packback: Does AI have your back? An instructor’s autoethnographic account of AI in an Equity & Diversity Class, as well as faculty presentations, and the App Jam Award Ceremony.
To learn more about Guadalupe, visit the Doctoral Student AT Equity Fellow page.
It will also highlight efforts on digital equity at CSUN, scholarly projects, and pros and cons of AI in digital teaching.
- 10:00 am - Welcome | Ron Philip, Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Office
- 10:05 am - Opening Remarks | Dr. Erika D. Beck, President
- 10:10 am - Keynote Speaker | Guadalupe Cardona, CSUN Academic Technology Equity Fellow and Doctoral Student, Packback: Does AI have your back? An instructor’s autoethnographic account of AI in an Equity & Diversity Class moderated by Dr. Helen Heinrich, Associate Vice President of Academic Technology, Dr. Nathan Durdella, Director of Doctoral Programs, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, and Dr. Sherrie Hixon, Director of Strategic Research Initiatives
- 10:50 am - Faculty Panel Discussion on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Higher Education | Dr. Vartenie Aramali, Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering and Construction Management | Dr. Wendy Murawski, Professor in the Department of Special Education and Executive Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning | Dr. Mahdi Najafabadi, Assistant Professor of Systems and Operations Management | Alen Davoudian professor in the Department of Accounting and Senior Information Systems Analyst
- 11:40 am - Efforts on Digital Equity at CSUN | Dr. Joyce Marie Brusasco, Professor in the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences and Academic Technology Fellow | Gretchen Macchiarella, Assistant Professor in the Department of Journalism | Susana Marcelo, Lecturer in the Department of Central American Studies and Instructional Designer | Herbert Serrano, Instructional Technology Lead
- 12:00 pm - CSUN App Jam Showcase and Award Ceremony | Ron Philip, Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer | Shayan Moshtael, Associated Students President
You can register now to attend online or in-person on the CSUN Digital Equity Day calendar event.