Am I Eligible for Project Rebound?
Project Rebound at CSU Northridge welcomes inquiries from anyone who has been previously incarcerated or has prior criminal justice system involvement and is interested in obtaining a university education and degree. All current Cal State Northridge students who have prior criminal justice system involvement are also eligible to participate in Project Rebound. Below you will find our admissions requirements. However, for prospective students who don't yet meet the academic requirements for admission to Cal State University Northridge, Project Rebound's motto is: "We don't say 'no', we say 'not yet," and we advise and mentor those students on what they can do to become eligible.
- To be eligible, individuals must:
- be formerly incarcerated or have prior criminal justice system involvement; on or off parole or probation
- be living or paroling to the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area (Orange, L.A., Riverside, San Bernardino counties)
- possess the ability and commitment to perform college-level work
- be motivated to succeed and benefit from a college education
- maintain satisfactory progress and complete at least 6 units each semester
- submit an admission application
- submit a financial aid application
For first-time freshmen:
- High School Transcripts/GED
- ACT or SAT scores
For transfer students:
- 56-60 units of college credit
- College transcripts
- Satisfactory completion of the "Golden Four"
TAKE THE NEXT STEP!
To begin your journey toward university education, download the Prospective Student Questionnaire(PDF).
If you are already a Cal State Northridge student, download the Continuing CSUN Student Questionnaire (PDF).
To discuss eligibility, obtain an application or additional information, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org