Welcome to Cal State Northridge!
We are happy to have you join our CSUN team and wish you the very best as you begin your career here.
New Employee Welcome Orientation (NEWO) is held monthly. New employees are automatically signed up for attendance. If you missed your scheduled orientation or would like to confirm your participation, please contact Heather Kennedy in the Office of Human Resources at (818) 677-5168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWO is open to all CSUN staff and faculty members. If you have been here for many years and aren't sure about what's new on campus, or if, perhaps, you don't know how to access information about CalPERS and your other benefits, you'll find this informative session quite helpful. Professional development opportunities and the various retirement plans available to CSU employees are among the many topics reviewed. If you're a current employee and would like to attend the next orientation program, please ask your supervisor for permission.
- Friday, August 24, 2018 (New Staff and New Lecturers)
- Thursday, September 27, 2018
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Friday, January 18, 2019 (New Staff and New Lecturers)
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019
- Thursday, March 28, 2019
- Thursday, April 25, 2019
- Thursday, May 30, 2019
- Thursday, June 27, 2019
The following are among the topics that are addressed at New Employee Orientation:
- Cal State Northridge Overview
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Relations
- Equity and Diversity
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Professional Development & Employee Enrichment
- Police Services and Emergency Preparedness
- The Student Recreation Center (SRC)
- Matador Athletics
- Information Technology at CSUN
In addition to the above information which we believe you will find interesting, NEWO provides information that each employee is responsible for knowing, including the university's emergency preparedness and zero tolerance policies.