Bringing the Community to Campus. Family Fun for Everyone!
The CSUN College of Social and Behavioral Sciences is pleased to present our 1st ever CSUN BikeFest event! Whether you ride for fun, health, transportation, or anything in-between, biking offers something for everyone.
There will be giveaways, vendors, music, food, and of course fun. We are planning a festive environment similar to CicLAvia and will have interior campus streets closed to cars in order to have safe biking. If you do not have a bike, that is OK, bring your skateboard, scooter, mobility device or just your feet. All are welcome to walk and roll with us!
There will be outdoor spin classes as well (see schedule below). A panel discussion with those who work in the cycling industry and those who are professional cyclists will be convened along with a job fair. Diversity and inclusion is the theme.
- Leashed Pets are Welcome!
- Never tried an e-bike? That’s OK, there will be vendors.
- Bike and traffic safety tips for kids will be presented by Safe Moves – Teaching Youth Traffic Safety.
Schedule of Events
- Event starts at 10AM and ends at 3PM
- No drop 25-mile road bike group ride. | CSUN BikeFest | 46.0 km Cycling Route on Strava | Assembles at the USU at 8:30AM leaves at 9AM
- Job Fair hosted by the CSUN Career Center 11AM-12:30PM
- Meet the Pros Panel Discussion at 12PM-1:30PM
- Outdoor Spin Classes in the Plaza del Sol (USU) at 10:30AM; 11AM; 11:30AM
- Trek Costume Ride (costumes encouraged, but not required) at 2PM | Get Additional Info and Route/Map for this Ride
The closest parking lots to our event are:
- F-5 Surface lot
- G-4 Surface lot
- G-3 Structure
- G-3 surface lot.
View a campus map (.pdf).
Parking permits are required at all times in all areas of campus. Parking permits must be properly displayed to avoid parking citations.
All-day parking permits cost $9.50. Visit the Parking and Transportation Services website for more information and purchasing options.
For questions about this event, please contact Jackie Edwards at 818-677-4035 or via email at email@example.com.
For Our Experienced Riders
- Serious Cycling will lead a no drop 25 mile
road bike group ride.
- Assemble at CSUN, University Student Union
- Ride leaves at 9am.
BikeFest Sponsors Include:
- Serious Cycling
- Pedal Mafia
- OTS: California Office of Traffic Safety
- City of Los Angeles Community Investment for Families Department
- CSUN College of Health and Human Development
Donations to the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Dean’s Fund will support cycling related scholarships and campus cycling initiatives.