Bringing the Community to Campus. Family Fun for Everyone!
The CSUN College of Social and Behavioral Sciences is pleased to present our 2nd Annual CSUN BikeFest event! Whether you ride for fun, health, transportation, or are just starting out, biking offers something for everyone.
There will be giveaways, vendors, music, food, and of course fun. Interior campus streets will be closed to cars in order to have safe biking. If you do not have a bike, that's OK! All are welcome roll with us! You are the most important
Event starts at 830 A.M. with meet up for Road Group Rides and ends at 3:00 P.M. after Campus Costume Ride
- 8:30 A.M. | Meet up for group ride with Serious Cycling |University Student Union (USU) at Lindley Avenue & Matador Walk (Road Group rides have SAG support vehicle)
- 9:00 A.M. Experienced riders depart (35 miles) Bike Route (experienced riders)
- 9:15 A.M. Novice riders depart (no drop – 20 miles) Bike Route (novice riders)
- 10:00 A.M | Vendors booths open and on-campus events begin
- 10:30 A.M. and 12:00P.M. | Voltage Outdoor Spin Classes | Plaza del Sol (USU)
- 12:00 P.M. | Meet the Pros Panel Discussion | Thousand Oaks Room, USU
- 2:00 P.M. | TREK Costume Family Fun Ride| | University Student Union (USU) at Lindley Ave. & Matador Walk (Costumes encouraged, but not required)
- All Day (10:00 A.M. until 3:00P.M.)
- Live DJ Spins
- Bike Vendors
- Bike Demos and Safety | Bike and traffic safety tips for kids will be presented by Safe Moves – Teaching Youth Traffic Safety.
- Food Trucks
- Bike Repairs
- Leashed Pets are welcome!
- Skateboards, non-electric scooters, and assistive mobility devices are welcome!
- This is an accessible event (ADA compliant)
The closest parking lots to our event are:
- F-5 Surface lot
- G-4 Surface lot
- G-3 Structure
- G-3 surface lot.
View a campus map (.pdf).
- Parking permits are required at all times in all areas of campus. Parking permits must be properly displayed to avoid parking citations.
- Visit the Parking and Transportation Services website for more information and purchasing options.
Daily Parking Rates are follows:
- 1 hour = $3.30
- 2 hours = $6.05
- 4 hours = $8.25
- All day (Expiring at midnight) = $10.45
- On street parking is free.
For questions about this event, please contact Jackie Edwards at 818-677-4035 or via email at email@example.com.
BikeFest Sponsors Include:
- Chargie | Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations
- City of Los Angeles Community Investment for Families Department
- CSUN College of Health and Human Development
- CSUN Institute of Sustainability
- John Lee Council Member, Los Angeles, District 12
- Metro | Bus, Rail, Subway, Bike & Micro in Los Angeles
- OTS: California Office of Traffic Safety
- Pedal Movement | Micromobility Solutions for Everyone
- Safe Moves – Teaching Youth Traffic Safety
- Serious Cycling
- Voltage Indoor Cycling
BikeFest 2022 was in the News!
Support Our Students
Donations to the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Dean’s Fund will support cycling related scholarships and campus cycling initiatives.
For more information about the many ways that you can support our College and programs, please contact Tracy Baum at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (818) 677-3317.