FAQs at the 38th CSUN Assistive Technology Conference
CONFERENCE INFORMATION & REGISTRATION
- When will the Conference take place?
- March 13 to March 17, 2023, at the Anaheim Marriott in California.
- How can I register to attend the conference?
- Attendee Registration will open on January 5, 2023. Information will be available on the conference website later this year.
- What are the registration rates and dates?
- Presenter registration is November 1 - December 6, 2022 at 3:00 PM PST, and the fee is $400.00.
Attendee registration is January 5 -March 7, 2023 at 3:00 PM PST. The standard attendee (January 5 – February 7) fee is $535 and the late attendee (February 8 – March 7) fee is $580.
- Can I add a Pre-Conference Workshop to my registration, and how do I go about it?
- You may add Pre-Conference Workshops to your Conference registration during the registration process for an additional fee. If you have already registered and want to add a Pre-Conference Workshop after the fact, contact us at email@example.com or 818-677-2578.
- Can I register to attend just one day of the Conference?
- There is no one-day Conference registration option.
- Can I register onsite?
- No, there is no onsite registration at the Conference. Registration concludes on March 7, 2023.
- Are there any discounts available for registration?
- There are several discounts available. Visit the Presenter Discounts Page for presenter eligibility information and guidelines on discounts. Attendee discount information will be available later this year.
- What accommodation services are available for request?
- Accommodation Services are only provided upon request. ASL, CART, and ALD Services are requested during the registration process and must be requested by March 2, 2023, to guarantee availability. All requests after this date are subject to availability.
- Am I able to bring my personal care assistant?
- Conference attendees who need assistance may register a Personal Care Attendant during registration. Personal Care Attendants are not personal assistants. Anyone accompanying an attendee for business-related purposes must separately register to attend the Conference.
- I am from outside the United States. Can I obtain a letter of invitation to attend the Conference?
- The CSUN AT Conference does not provide letters of invitation or assistance with obtaining documentation for international participants.
- Will Continuing Education Units (CEUs) be offered for attending the Conference?
- Center on Disabilities will not be offering or issuing CEUs for the 38th CSUN Assistive Technology Conference.
- What is the cancellation policy for attendees?
- Cancellation requests for registration and/or PCWs must be made in writing and received by February 16, 2023. A $100.00 processing fee will be assessed. There will be no refunds after February 16, 2023. All no-shows will be charged the full amount. Please note: An administrative fee will be assessed for each registration in a group registration.
- Where will the Conference take place?
- The official hotel of the Conference is the Anaheim Marriott in Anaheim, California.
700 West Convention Way
Anaheim, CA 92802
- Is there a Conference rate for the hotel room reservation?
- Yes, the conference group room rate is $205.00. The room block will open for reservations starting on October 21, 2022. When contacting the hotel to make your arrangements, you must ask the Marriott Representative to access the Passkey Reservation System for the CSUN Assistive Technology Conference room block. Please visit the Venue page for complete information on the venue.
- Are meals included in the Conference rate at the hotel?
- Meals are not included in the Conference rate. Conference attendees do have the option to pre-purchase lunches while completing their Conference registration. Please refer to the Venue page for other dining options at the hotel or local area.
- Are there any shuttle services from the airport to the Conference hotel?
- Visit the Transportation Information and Services section of the Venue page for information.
- Is there a fee to visit the Exhibit Hall, and how do I register?
- The Exhibit Hall is open and free to the public. An Expo Visitor Pass is needed to enter the Free Exhibit Hall for those not attending the Conference. Expo Visitor Pass registration will open in January 2023 and be available onsite Wednesday through Friday (March 15 - March 17). One pass is good for all three days the Exhibit Hall is open. More information on the Exhibit Hall will be available later this year.
- I am registered for the Conference. Do I need an Expo Visitor Pass to access the exhibit hall?
- All registered Conference attendees, including presenters and exhibitors, have access to the Exhibit Hall with their Conference badge and do not need a separate Expo Visitor Pass.
- What are the Exhibit Hall hours, and what days is it open?
- The Exhibit Hall will be open to the public from March 15-17, 2023. On March 15-16, the hours are 9:30 AM until 5:30 PM, and on March 17, from 9:30 AM until 1:30 PM. Paid conference attendees will be able to attend a special Preview Night of the Exhibit Hall on March 14 from 4:00 PM until 7:00 PM. Additional information on the Exhibit Hall will be available later this year.
- Can I receive a list of Conference participants?
- No, the CSUN AT Conference does not provide a list of Conference participants.
- Can I have a copy of the sessions I attended?
- The Center on Disabilities will be compiling a repository of links to presentation slides to be made available to the public. Presentation link submission is voluntary and not a requirement to present.
- Are we allowed to record sessions?
- No, unauthorized audio and video recording of sessions is not permitted.
- Can I have the contact information for a presenter?
- The CSUN AT Conference does not give out personal information. You may seek information directly from the presenter after the session.
- My submission to the General Call for Presentations was accepted; where do I submit my presentation, and will it be published?
- Submissions accepted from the General Call for Presentations do not get published. Only those accepted for the Journal Track will be published.
- How do I attend the Conference as a member of the media/press?
- Please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org for a media/press form. Media/Press Passes will only be authorized for those with credentials.
- Where and when will the Conference take place?
- The 2023 CSUN AT Conference will be at the Anaheim Marriott in California. The Conference dates are Monday, March 13 through Friday, March 17, 2023. Pre-Conference Workshops will take place on March 13. The Keynote Address will kick off the conference on the morning of Tuesday, March 14 and conference sessions will begin following the keynote and continue through Friday, March 17.
- What are the benefits of presenting?
- The CSUN AT Conference, recognized as the premier event in the field of technology and persons with disabilities, is also the longest-running, largest and the only university-sponsored one. The Conference involves all stakeholder groups providing presenters a unique opportunity to connect with a broad audience, targeting a cross-section of people who are most likely to engage in the products, services, and learning opportunities you are offering. As the most widely-known conference for technology and persons with disabilities, presenters build credibility among their peers by sharing their knowledge and experience on the topic(s) they present.
- What is the difference between the Journal Call for Papers and the General Call for Presentations?
The Journal Call for Papers welcomes the Research & Development community around the globe to submit their cutting-edge work for publication. The Journal Track publishes proceedings from the Journal Track sessions presented at the CSUN Conference in the open-access award-winning Journal on Technology and Persons with Disabilities. Visit the Journal page for further information.
The General Call for Presentations invites all individuals interested in presenting a session in the general domains of new concepts concerning hardware and software, adaptive devices, access to technology, training programs, results of research, and overall best- practices in any area of technology for people with disabilities.
- How do I submit a paper or presentation for consideration?
- The Journal Call for Papers and the General Call for Presentations have their own online submission form. The links to each Call will be active and available upon each of their openings and remain active until their deadlines.
- What is the deadline to submit?
- The Journal Call for Papers has concluded. Journal call for papers was open Thursday, August 18, and closed on Tuesday, September 6, 2022, at 3:00 PM PDT.
- The General Call for Presentations has concluded. The General Call for Presentations was Thursday, September 8 through Tuesday, September 27, at 3:00 PM PDT.
- How do you select which submissions to accept?
- All submissions, both to Journal and General, are rigorously reviewed by independent committees of content expert reviewers. Submissions are accepted based on the review scores and recommendations made by the reviewers.
- What do I need to do if my submission is accepted to confirm my participation?
- All presenters must register to present and attend the conference to secure their session slot. Presenter Registration is Tuesday, November 1, 2022 through December 6, 2022, at 3:00 PM PST. Each presenter on accepted sessions will receive notice of acceptance and instructions for registration ahead of November 1. All presenters included in the submission must register as a Presenter to present. Sessions with no registered presenters will be canceled.
- Why is there a registration fee for presenters?
- All presenters are given a reduced conference registration fee of $400. The reduced presenter registration fee grants the same complete access to all conference activities and events as the attendee registration fee and highlights your role at the conference as a valued presenter. Presenters must register to secure their session and attend the conference. The CSUN Center on Disabilities hosts the Annual CSUN AT Conference and relies solely on conference registrations and sponsorships to operate and make the event possible. While the CSUN Center on Disabilities is part of the California State University system, we do not receive state funding or financial support from the university or any other entity.
- Will you need my presentation slides?
- The Center on Disabilities will be compiling a repository of links to presentation slides to be made available to the public. Submitting a link to your presentation is voluntary and not required to present. It is recommended that a service such as Apple iCloud, Box, DropBox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive be used to host your presentation and create a shareable link. Presenters will receive instructions on how to submit the link to your presentation following Presenter Registration.
- Will my presentation be published?
- Only papers accepted to the Journal will be included in the formal publication, the Journal on Technology and Persons with Disabilities. General sessions are not published. All sessions will be listed in the conference schedule with a brief description. Additionally, any links to slides provided by presenters will be shared.
- What is the cancellation policy for presenters?
- Presenters canceling after December 6, 2022, are not eligible for a refund for their registration. Cancellation requests must be received in writing. Upon cancellation, the presenter’s information will be removed from the session details on the conference website, but changing the information in the printed conference materials may not be possible. Presentations without a registered presenter will be canceled.
- How do I make changes to my presentation?
- Changes to presentation titles and descriptions must be received in writing. These changes cannot alter the overall content of the presentation in any way. Changes received after December 6, 2022, will be updated in the session details on the conference website, but changing the information in the printed conference materials may not be possible.