The 2023 CSUN AT Conference will be in-person at the Anaheim Marriott in California, March 13-17, 2023. Pre-Conference Workshops will take place on March 13. The Keynote Address will kick off the conference on the morning of Tuesday, March 14, and conference sessions will be from March 14-17.
Call for Submissions is Now Closed
Thank you to all the community members that made submissions for the next CSUN Assistive Technology Conference.
- Journal call for papers was open Thursday, August 18, through Tuesday, September 6.
- Call for Pre-Conference Workshops proposals was open Thursday, August 18, 2022 through Tuesday, September 27.
- General Call for Presentations was open Thursday, September 8 through Tuesday, September 27.
- Call for Reviewers concluded on Tuesday, September 27.
- All presenters who will be presenting at the conference must be listed on the submission. Only those listed will receive Presenter Registration notices. Please do not include any suffixes or titles in the presenters' names, and do not use all capitals.
- There is a maximum of five (5) presenters on a session.
- Presenters cannot be listed on more than three (3) submissions and may not present more than three (3) sessions.
- No addition of presenters will be permitted after Presenter Registration has concluded.
- Sessions with no registered presenters will be canceled.
- Only registered presenters may present at the CSUN AT Conference and will be listed in the sessions schedule in the conference program and on the website.
Deadlines & Timeline
Journal Call for Papers
- The Journal Call for Papers has concluded. Journal call for papers was open Thursday, August 18, and closed on Tuesday, September 6, 2022, at 3:00 PM PDT.
- The first review will conclude, and acceptance notifications will be sent no later than Tuesday, September 27, 2022.
- Authors of accepted papers must submit complete manuscripts between September 27, 2022 – October 11, 2022, at 3:00 PM PDT to be considered for publication and final acceptance for presentation. The second review will conclude and notifications of manuscript acceptance for publication will be sent no later than Thursday, October 27, 2022.
- Authors of accepted manuscripts will make final edits and recommended changes and submit final manuscripts for publication by Thursday, December 1, 2022.
General Call for Presentations
- The General Call for Presentations has concluded. The General Call for Presentations was open Thursday, September 8 through Tuesday, September 27, at 3:00 PM PDT.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent no later than Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
Presenter Registration is November 1 - December 6, 2022, at 3:00 PM PST.
Presenter Registration procedures are emailed to every presenter listed on the submissions. Presenter Registration is NOT available on the conference website.
Presenter Registration Fee & Discounts
All presenters are given a reduced conference registration fee. The reduced presenter registration fee grants the same complete access to all conference activities and events as the attendee registration fee and highlights your role at the conference as a valued presenter.
- All Registrations are non-transferable and substitutions are not permitted.
- Exhibitor Complimentary Registrations are NOT VALID for Presenter Registration fees.
- Credit card is the only accepted form of payment.
- There is no On-Site Registration.
Some discounts may be available for presenters. Visit the Presenter Discounts Page for eligibility information and guidelines.
- Discounts must be requested 72 hours (not including weekends) prior to completing registration.
- Discounts cannot be applied after registration is completed.
- The deadline for Presenters to request a discount is Thursday, December 1, 2022, at 3:00 PM PST.
Presenter Registration Cancellation and Changes
A Cancellation Request must be made in writing and received by 3:00 PM PST on Tuesday, December 6, 2022. A $100.00 processing fee will be assessed. There will be no refunds after December 6, 2022.
Changes unrelated to initial registration or cancellation may be subject to a $100.00 Administrative Processing Fee. To mitigate the fee, please make sure the persons being registered, the type of registration (presenter, attendee, exhibitor), and the payment method used are all correct.
The CSUN AT Conference offers ASL, CART, and ALD. These Accommodation Services are only provided upon request. All requests for any Accommodation Service must be made during the Presenter Registration process by the Presenter Registration deadline on December 6, 2022, at 3:00 PM PST to guarantee availability. All requests made after this date are subject to availability.
Presenters who need assistance may register a Personal Care Attendant during the Presenter Registration process. Personal Care Attendants are not personal assistants. Anyone accompanying a presenter for business-related purposes must separately register to attend the Conference.
- The Center on Disabilities at CSUN assumes the right to materials submitted during the Call for Papers/Presentation/Proposals processes.
- The CSUN AT Conference retains the right to schedule presentations at any designated time slot in the schedule during the presentation days of Tuesday-Friday, March 14-17, 2023.
- Sessions cannot be presented more than one time.
- Unauthorized recordings, filming or photography in the presentation rooms is prohibited by presenters and attendees.
- Product giveaways and/or sales are prohibited in the presentation rooms.
- Presenters may not present at more than three (3) sessions.
- Sessions are 40 minutes in length. Presenters should start and end their sessions on schedule and be sure to exit the presentation room once their session has concluded to provide enough set-up time for the presenters of the following session.
Journal Track Sessions
- Authors may not be listed on more than two (2) submissions and thus can only present on a maximum of two (2) Journal Track sessions. Additional General Track sessions are permitted, though presenters may not present at more than three (3) sessions between the Journal and General Tracks.
- Authors cannot be added as a presenter after the conclusion of Presenter Registration on Tuesday, December 6, 2022, at 3:00 PM PST.
- Adding authors and presenters (who were not previously disclosed) after acceptance is prohibited. All authors must be disclosed prior to review.
- Presentation at the CSUN Conference is required for manuscript publication.
All session rooms are set up and equipped in the same way. All presentation rooms are set theater-style (chairs only) with a head table and two (2) chairs for presenters. (There are no panels.)
All presentation rooms are equipped with the following:
- Windows PC (Capable of DVD playback)
- Ethernet Connection
- Projection Screen
- Wide-Screen Color Digital Projector (16:10, 1280 x 800) with VGA & HDMI connections
- One Wired Lavaliere Microphone
- One Wired Hand-Held Microphone
- PC-to-Mixer (1/8", 3.5mm mini-jack) Audio Connection
No other equipment will be provided or may be requested. If additional equipment is required, it is the responsibility of the presenter to provide it. All additional equipment must be able to fit on a 30-inch by 24-inch tabletop.
If changes are made to the presentation room, please return the room to the original set-up prior to leaving. The CSUN AT Conference is not responsible for any devices, cables, or other equipment left behind by presenters.
Links to presentations will be made available to the public prior to and following the conference. Sharing presentation slides is voluntary and not required to present at the conference. Prior to the conference, presenters will receive instructions on how to submit the link to your presentation. It is recommended that a service such as Apple iCloud, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive be used to host your presentation and create a shareable link.
We strongly urge you to make your presentation accessible so the content may be available to anyone. You may find these articles helpful:
- Microsoft: Make your PowerPoint presentations accessible to people with disabilities
- Adobe PDF Accessibility Overview
- Apple: Create accessible documents, spreadsheets, or presentations with Pages, Numbers, or Keynote
- Prezi: Creating accessible content in Prezi Design
The Center on Disabilities will confirm content linked is relevant to your presentation but will not review content for accessibility and/or attempt to remediate any accessibility issues.