The Alumni Association has partnered with the CSUN Career Center to help members use their Matador connections to enhance their career. From polishing that resume to meeting the right people, California State University, Northridge is here to assist you in achieving a fulfilling professional life.
Show your membership card to the Career Center staff to access the benefits listed below. To access jobs online you will need to contact the Career Center to set-up a separate log-in and password. The Career Center can be reached at (818) 677-2878 or visit them online.
CAREER CENTER ELIGIBILITY: (Proof of graduation required: transcripts, CSU letter of reciprocity, copy of diploma)
- Graduates of California State University, Northridge. 1-year grace period from last enrollment
- Graduates of another CSU (not CSUN). Proof of graduation required. Not eligible for the 1 year grace period.
- Current CSUN Alumni Association Members.
REGISTRATION FEE: Free with current CSUN Alumni Association Membership ($25.00 Value)
(Registration requires an email address - personal data entered in SUNlink)
- Job Fair Attendance (campus parking not included)
- Career Collaboratorium Resources (no checkouts) and Handouts (guides)
- Career Education - (workshops and career events)
- Resume Review (limit one per semester/final draft only)
- Critiqued by a Peer Educator or at Resume Critique Day
JOB SEARCH SERVICES: Free with current CSUN Alumni Association Membership ($25.00 (Value)
Access to SUNlink - our online career services and job board
- Local and Regional Job Listings for CSUN Students and Alumni / Apply for Jobs Online
- Resume Builder, Opt-In Resume Book, Career Portfolio
- Mock Interviews - webcam required
- Career Explorer & Career Finder - career exploration tools
- Mentoring Program
- Events & Workshops:
- Employer Information Sessions
- Networking Programs
- On-Campus Interviews (OCI) - First priority to current enrolled students
(OCI limited to CSUN alumni only - Eligibility determined by employer)
E-CAREER PLANNING & GUIDANCE: Free with current CSUN Alumni Association Membership ($25.00 Value)
Access to Pathways - the Career Center's online application for career exploration and development
- Extended Job Search:
- Federal, state and local government job sites
- Career-specific and recommended job sites
- Self-Guided Career Exercises:
- Self-discovery & options
- Decision-making & goal setting
- Career Information and Resources:
- Occupations & salaries
- Job search preparation & sample resumes
- Alternatives after graduation & graduate and professional school
- How-to Guides for Resumes, Interviewing, and Networking
- Career guidance and more...