Sede Vacante 1409
June 5—June 26, 1409
Documents concerning the Conclave of June, 1409, in Pisa
- Oath of the Cardinals at the Conclave of 1406 to end the Schism, by resignation if necessary (Rome, November 23, 1406) [Baronius-Theiner 27, sub anno 1406, nos. 11-12, pages 156-157].
- Gregory XII's Electoral Manifesto, sent to King Charles VI of France (December, 1406) [Martène-Durand VII, 727-728]
- Letter of Benedict XIII to Gregory XII's Cardinals (January 22, 1407) [Martène-Durand VII, 733-734]
- Letter of Petrus de Alliaco to Benedict XII (January 26, 1408) about possible plans of action [Joannis Gersonii opera omnia II, columns 105-106].
- Papal Acta of Benedict XIII (1408). An embassy of Cardinals sent to Italy [Ehrle, Archiv fur Literatur- und Kirchengeschichte 7 (1900) pp. 644-646]
- Letter of Archbishop of Narbonne to Cardinals (January 4, 1409) [Martène-Durand VII, 915-916]
- King Wenceslaus withdraws from the Obedience of Gregory XII (January 22, 1409) [Martène-Durand VII, 923-925]
- Sozomen of Pistoria, Specimen Historiae [Muratori, Rerum Italicarum Scriptores 16, columns 1195-1198].
- Agreement of the Cardinals at Livorno to withdraw from both Angelo Correr and Pedro de Luna [Martène-Durand VII, 798-803]
- Letter of four Cardinals to Pope Benedict XIII (Pisa, October 10, 1408), and a reply of Benedict XIII (Perpignan, November 7, 1408) [Mansi, Sacrorum Conciliorum 26, 1180-1184]
- English documents relating to the Schism and Council of Pisa, 1408-1409 [Rymer, Foedera VIII]
- Letter of Wenceslaus, King of the Romans and of Bohemia to the Cardinals, November 26, 1408. [Mansi, Sacrorum Conciliorum Tomus 27, column 112]
- Cardinals who participated in the Council of Pisa (1409) [Mansi].
- Colleges of Cardinals amalgamated Sessio VIII (May 10, 1409) [Mansi, Baronius-Theiner]
- Council of Pisa: Deposition of Benedict XIII (Pedro de Luna) and of Gregory XII (Angelo Correr): June 5, 1409 [Mansi 27, 402-404]
- Letter written by Officials at Pisa to Aquileia, about the Conclave (June 20, 1409) [Mansi, Sacrorum Conciliorum Tomus 27, columns 406-407]
- Council of Pisa: Conclave, Election, Enthronement and Coronation of Alexander V [Martène-Durand VII, 1103-1106]
- Letters of Prior Robert of Sauxillanges to the Abbot and Monks of Cluny, June 26, 1409. Election of Alexander V. Postscript up to July 2 [Martène-Durand, Veterum Scriptorum et Monumentorum Amplissima Collectio VII, 1112-1113]
- Career of Cardinal Petrus de Candia (Alexander V) [Theodericus de Nyem, de Schismate III. 50-53]
November 11, 2013 12:02 PM