Rocks and Minerals
- Maps and Mapping: Map reading, geological maps, map construction...
- California Geology: Resources for California teachers
- National Geophysical Data Center: National repository for geophysical data.
- Mission to Planet Earth (NASA): Human influence on the Earth
Imagery of the Earth
- USGS Aerial imagery: Global change, astrogeology, Terralook, etc.
- TheViisible Earth: Photos of Earth from space
- Earth Resources Observation Systems: LandSat photos of Earth
- Geodil: Geological Digital Image Library
- Google Maps: Select satellite view
Earthquakes & Tectonics
- National Earthquake Information Center: Good Introductory information on seismology
- Plot earthquakes - Flash file for dynamic plotting
- Recent Earthquakes (Maps): National Earthquake Information Service
- Southern California Earthquake Data Center: Seismological reports and teaching ideas
- Earthquake Information: United States Geological Survey
- Virtual Seismogram: Print a seismogram for a particular day and time.
- This Dynamic Earth: USGS online book on tectonics
- Volcano World: Useful information and links about volcanology
- Cascades Volcano Observatory: Volcanoes in the cascades plus links elsewhere
- USGS Water Resources: USGS water resource information
- Water Resources in California: Information from USGS
- EPA Water Resources: Environmental Protection Agency; information on water quality
- Locate Your Watershed: EPA maps on watersheds throughout the US
- Real-Time Water Data: Time Hydrologic data from USGS
- Education Organizations: Special insteres groups for the teaching geology
- The Geological Society of America: Professional organization of geologists