CSUN Biology Advising Office
Permission Number Request Form
A Permission Number Request can be submitted if BOTH of the following conditions are met:
- It is 24 hours prior to or after your official enrollment appointment (registration date) that is posted in your portal AND
- You have officially tried to register for the class in SOLAR and were blocked or received an error message.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to copy and make a note of the exact error message you receive at the Red X as this information will be needed on the Permission Number Request form.
- Fill out the information below carefully and accurately.
- False or misleading statements may disqualify your request.
- Only one permission number can be requested at a time. If you need more than one permission number, you will need to submit additional requests.
- Please allow 3 business days for your request to be reviewed and processed.
- Permission number requests (with the exception of those listed below) are managed by the Biology Advisement Office. DO NOT email faculty or the Biology Department office.
DO NOT REQUEST A PERMISSION NUMBER IF:
- Class carries “DEPT CONSENT”. Permission numbers for courses such as BIOL 490, 495, and those offered through Catalina and Tropical Semesters should be obtained from CR 5101.
- You want to take the Anatomy Lab for Pre-Physical Therapy students. Each semester, one section of BIOL 212 requires DEPT CONSENT as it is set aside for Pre-PT students only. Please call the PT department at 818 677-2203 for a permission number for this lab.
- Class is closed/full
- Online/electronic Wait Lists become available in SOLAR at midnight on the day that Open/Nonrestrictive Registration begins. See the Registration Calendar for the exact date. (The waitlist does NOT work with courses that have mandatory lecture/lab corequisites.)
- Registration HOLD. If you have a HOLD on your registration, please contact your major advisor (or the entity responsible for the hold) for help to remove the HOLD.
- Repeat courses: Students can only enroll in courses they are repeating a couple weeks before school begins each semester. See the Registration Calendar for the exact date that repeat enrollments are allowed. Do not request a permission number for a repeated class before this enrollment date.
PERMISSION NUMBER REQUEST FORM