General Information for All Applicants
When you apply for admission to California State University, Northridge (CSUN), the Office of Admissions and Records will review your admission application and documents.
Explore CSUN undergraduate majors, minors and graduate programs in the University Catalog.
Please review the following disclosure to make an informed decision regarding your academic program choice:
Admission into programs leading to licensure and credentialing does not guarantee that students will obtain a license or credential. Licensure and credentialing requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with the CSU, and requirements can change at any time. For example, licensure or credentialing requirements can include evidence of the right to work in the United States (e.g., social security number or tax payer identification number) or successfully passing a criminal background check.
Students are responsible for determining whether they can meet licensure or credentialing requirements. The CSU will not refund tuition, fees, or any associated costs, to students who determine subsequent to admission that they cannot meet licensure or credentialing requirements. Information concerning licensure and credentialing requirements is available from the academic department and in the Immigration Requirements for Licensure section of the University Catalog.
Ready to apply?
1. Confirm that the application period for the degree and academic program you want is open. Check application filing status—open or closed—in the Admissions Calendar.
2. Visit the websites for the special groups below if any apply to you:
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students (DHH) - Select this link for assistance and to apply for CSUN'S National Center on Deafness services. But review the admission requirements for your group right here on this "Applicant" page.
- Domestic Students with International Transcripts
- International Students on F-1 or J-1 Visas
- Veterans and Dependents
- Tseng College (Extended Learning) Students
3. Review admission eligibility requirements, document deadlines, and next steps by selecting your student group from the class level links (first-time freshman, transfer, graduate, etc.) on this page.