We’re excited you’re considering CSUN! Here’s where you’ll find more information about resources we think you’ll be interested in or find useful as a future Matador. If you’ve been admitted to CSUN, don’t forget to declare your Intent to Enroll by the posted deadline!
Resources include, in alphabetical order:
If you’ve been admitted to CSUN and have declared your Intent to Enroll, it’s time to start thinking about academic advising. Academic advising helps ensure you get the classes you need to create a smooth and efficient path toward graduation. All incoming freshmen are required to meet for advising. Advising is recommended (and may be required, depending on your major) for transfer students.
Most students visit the Matador Advising Hub for advising, but there are some exceptions:
|EOP Service Center/Satellite for the college that houses your major.
|International and Exchange Student Center.
|Liberal Studies ITEP Students
|Department of Interdisciplinary Studies and Liberal Studies.
|Matador Achievement Center.
|Meet with an advisor within the college that houses your major. Find your major and its college, here.
Admissions and the Registrar's Office
- For the Student Academic and Registration calendars, help with registering for classes and other Admissions and Registrar resources, visit Current Students.
- To learn more about web-based tools to view and manage your academic, financial and personal information, visit the Current Students’ How-to Guides.
- If you have specific questions regarding your application status, visit the Contact Page. For questions or issues that do not fall into one of the Contact Page categories, email Admissions.
- Submit student forms, including a Legal Name Change Request or an AB 540 tuition exemption, online by following these instructions.
Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES)
Financial Aid & Scholarship Department
We understand finances play a big part in your decision to attend a university. Our Financial Aid & Scholarship team is here to help. Learn more about how to get the money you need to reach your educational goals.
Having trouble accessing your CSUN Portal or CSUN email account? Our IT team can help.
Office of Admissions
Have a question about the status of your admission to CSUN? Use the Office of Admissions Contact Page. If your question doesn’t fit within the listed categories, you can send an email to:
- Freshman Admissions: email@example.com
- Transfer Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Admissions: email@example.com
Nearpeer CSUN Community
Have you been admitted to CSUN and want to start connecting with fellow students? Join Nearpeer, our online community of newly admitted Matadors! Not sure if you’ll accept your offer of admission? You can still join Nearpeer — it might help you make your decision.
Peer Mentors Virtual Meetings
If you would like to speak with current CSUN students about what it’s like being a Matador, you can Meet With a CSUN Peer Mentor for a one-on-one, 30-minute Zoom appointment. Peer mentors are available Tuesday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Student Housing and Residential Life
Learn about our diverse campus housing options and why, at CSUN, “Success Lives Here!”