- Drop-in sessions may be available on a first come, first serve basis. These sessions are not guaranteed.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to your appointment, your session may be given to a drop-in and you will be considered a “No Show.”
- Consultants will discuss any writing, reading, or presentation-based assignments with students.
- Only one assignment can be discussed/reviewed during the appointment.
- Consultants are not able to help on take-home exams without written consent from the professor.
- Students are limited to one scheduled appointment per day and two per week. Students may attempt additional drop-in appointments.
- Arrive a few minutes early to check in and sign in.
- Be sure to have the correct link and passcode for Zoom workshops. The Zoom link may be found on the workshop calendar.
- Be receptive to trying out alternative ideas and/or approaches.
- Be prepared to learn!
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, you cannot enter an already started workshop.
- Click here to see the schedule for workshops.
Can I get help even if I'm not writing an essay?
Yes! Our consultants also specialize in resumes, personal statements, cover letters, reports, and presentations. Our Faculty Writing Consultants are also CSUN lecturers who teach in various disciplines; they can help with a wide range of projects. Our Peer Writing Specialists are upper-level and graduate students from a variety of disciplines who are ready to share their knowledge with you.
Do you offer accommodations?
Yes! You may use EAB to make a one-hour appointment, rather than a half-hour appointment, if you’d like extra time. Please let us know how we can best accommodate you by emailing onlinelrc@csun. Note: You are welcome to bring your own ASL interpreter, although our consultants are also happy to communicate with you in writing or by typing in the Zoom chat.
My instructor wants proof?
We will be happy to add your name to your instructor’s personal CSUN Box Spread Sheet. Please let your consultant know that you would like proof of attendance provided to your professor at the beginning of your appointment. They will need your professor’s email address.
Do I need a completed essay / project to use your services?
Absolutely not! We are standing by to help you at any stage of your process, from understanding the prompt, to brainstorming your ideas, to proofreading that final draft, and everything in between. Just make sure to bring the things you need to have a successful appointment, whatever your focus. Some suggestions are the directions/prompt, your textbook, source materials, research, and any brainstorming ideas or drafts you might have. But remember: we work with you from wherever you are in the process!
Can I make a group appointment?
Yes, we offer hourlong in-person or online group appointments; please call (818) 677-2033 or email for assistance. Please be aware that consultants can only look at content when the author is present; if some group members are missing, we will only be able to discuss the parts of the work that were completed by group members who are present.
How do I give feedback on your services?
We welcome and encourage feedback on all of our services! Your feedback will be anonymous and will be used to improve our services.
- Feedback on our tutoring services can be submitted via this form.
- Feedback on our writing workshops can be submitted here.
What if I need last-minute help or want to be seen more than twice per week?
To best serve all students’ needs, you will be limited to two pre-scheduled appointments per week. These appointments may not occur back-to-back with the same consultant on the same day. You may attempt drop-in appointments for additional or last-minute assistance. You may come to the LRC (University Library, Third Floor, East Wing) during business hours to attempt an in-person drop-in or use the “drop-in” function in EAB to attempt an online drop-in appointment.
Why can't I see any appointments in EAB?
It's possible (but unlikely) that we're just booked solid, but please check the following to be sure:
- Make sure you selected Learning Resource Center (LRC) as the "care unit." Some other tutoring centers with different availability also use the system.
- Check your filters. If you are searching only for in-person appointments or only for appointments with a specific tutor, it is possible that there just aren't any available right now.
- Consider the system's limitations. As explained in the question above, students are limited to two appointments per week. The system should not display any appointments if you already have two appointments scheduled. This means you must cancel an existing appointment if you'd like to reschedule.
- You can call us at (818) 677-2033 during business hours to check availability and make an appointment over the phone if one is available.
- Even if you cannot find any available appointments in EAB, you can still attempt to be seen as a drop-in. We have written instructions and a quick tutorial video about drop-ins to help you.
We’re here to help! Please email us at email@example.com