MISSION AND PURPOSE
The mission of the School Research Collaborative is to support CSU Northridge faculty and their public school partners as they conduct research into teaching and learning and related scholarly initiatives. The focus of the activities of the Collaborative is on inquiry that is centered on problems of student learning with primary emphasis on improving educational personnel preparation programs throughout the university while also improving teaching practices in preK-12 schools. The research of the Collaborative is undertaken by a network of CSU faculty and school colleagues committed to educational change based on evidence of improved student learning in the LAUSD. Research questions will be developed collaboratively with our LAUSD school partners and will address important school based issues.
- Increase the research opportunities of CSUN faculty, students and school colleagues
- Promote the connectivity of educational research and practice; in particular establish the role of research to influence practice and outcomes at CSUN and LAUSD.
- Serve as a catalyst and gathering place for scholarly inquiry on teaching and learning
- Emphasize research that will improve educational personnel preparation programs
- Assist in the dissemination of Collaborative supported research locally and nationally
- Contribute to advancing CSU Northridge’s role as a premier teacher preparation institution
SRC provides services in the following areas:
- Provide financial and other support for faculty research into teaching and learning.
- Assist faculty in seeking external support for their scholarly inquiries.
- Advise faculty about study design and methodology.
- Advise faculty about data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Assist faculty on gaining research cooperation with local schools.
- Provide information on possible research projects.
- Help establish university research teams to conduct school specific studies.
- Provide faculty with research, grant writing, topical symposia and other professional development programs.
- Sponsor research presentations by CSU Northridge faculty, visiting scholars and others by establishing scholarly gatherings of Collaborative researchers.
- Support formal and informal gatherings of doctoral faculty, students and others for sharing of research.
- Assist in identifying grants and other funding for Collaborative initiated research projects.
- Develop a web site for faculty, papers, and related information.