Sede Vacante 1623
July 8, 1623—August 6, 1623
Documents concerning the Election of 1623
- Letter of Count Lodovico S. Martino d' Agliè to the Duke of Savoy (July 4, 1623), on prospects of various candidates [Adriani, 186-187].
- Letter of Cardinal Maurizio di Savoia to his father, Duke Carlo Emmanuele (July 6, 1623), about various papabili. A conversation with Cardinal Ginnasio [Adriani, 187-188].
- Letter to the Duke of Savoy from his son, Cardinal Maurizio di Savoia (July 9, 1623), assessing the chances of various candidates [Adriani, 190-191].
- Cardinal Maurizio to his father (July 19, 1623, the day of the Opening of the Conclave); problems with conclavists [Adriani, 192-193].
- Abate Alessandro Scaglia to the Duke of Savoy (July 19, 1623): complaints of ingratitude, remarks about candidates [Adriani, 193-196].
- Scaglia again, on the same day (July 19, 1623). [Adriani, 197-198].
- Letter of the Count d'Elci to the Grand Duke of Tuscany (July 20, 1623) [Petruccelli III, 56-57].
- Abate Scaglia to Duke Carlo (August 5, 1623). [Adriani, pp. 204-205]
- Extract from the Diary of Paolo Alaleone, Master of Ceremonies [Gattico I, 352]
- Anonymous Conclavist, "Election of Urban VIII" [I. Carini, Spicilegio vaticano I (1890), 356-372].
- Abate Scaglia to the Duke of Savoy (August 10, 1623) [Adriani, 211-212].
- Cardinal Maurizio to his brother Prince Vittorio Amadeo [Adriani, 212-213].
March 24, 2015 9:25 PM