Sede Vacante 1464
August 15 —30 , 1464
Documents concerning the Election of 1464
- Decree of Pope Pius II on holding a Conclave if the pope were to die outside Rome (January 5, 1459).
- Letter of King Louis XI of France (1461-1483) to Pope Pius II, on the revocation of the Pragmatic Sanction of Bourges (November 27, 1461).
- Pius II, on receiving King Louis' letter, and the French embassy of March, 1462.
- Cronaca of Niccolò della Tuccia of Viterbo (1464)
- Letter of Paganinus, agent of the Duke of Milan at Ancona, to Francesco Sforza (August 1, 1464) [Pastor, Acta inedita, pp. 322-323]
- Letter of Stefano Nardini, Archbishop of Milan, to Francesco Sforza, Duke of Milan, on events of August 11-13, 1464) [Pastor, Acta inedita, pp. 327-329]
- Letter of Rafael Caymus. Ancona, August 15, 1274, 20:00 hours [Pastor, Acta inedita, no. 205, pp. 330-331]
- Electoral Capitulations, drawn up by the Cardinals in Conclave (August 28-29, 1464) [Ammannati-Piccolomini, Commentarii Book II (Francofurti 1614), p. 371].
- Narration of Conclave, by Cardinal Ammannati [Ammannati-Piccolomini, Commentarii Book II (Francofurti 1614), p. 367-368].
- Giovanni Antonio Campano, "Vita Pii II Pontificis Maximi," ad finem [Muratori, Rerum Italicarum Scriptores Tomus III, pars ii , 989-991].
- Letter of Cardinal Ammannati-Piccolomini to Duke Francesco Sforza (September 1, 1464) [Pastor, History of the Popes IV, p. 475]
November 11, 2013 5:33 PM