1. APPLICATION: File an online application to the university through Cal State Apply (this application is for all CSU's, select the Northridge campus). Your upper division English GPA must be 3.0 or higher; your last 60 units (overall GPA) must be 2.5 or higher.
2. SEPARATE DEPARTMENT APPLICATION: Please fill out the Pre-Application form
3. LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: Not required; please do not send.
4. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: Not required
5. WRITING SAMPLE: Not required to come into the master's program.
Admissions and Records (A&R) requires one set of official sealed transcripts. All transcripts, preliminary and final, must be official (received in sealed, unopened envelopes). Ask your previous schools to send your official transcripts directly to A&R. NOTE: If you graduated from CSUN with your BA, do not send CSUN transcripts.
CSUN, Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207 (again, use the entire zip code to ensure prompt delivery)
7. SECOND SET OF TRANSCRIPTS**
Please send official sealed (preliminary and final) transcripts of all four-year institutions to:
CSUN, Department of English
18111 Nordhoff Street Northridge, CA 91330-8248
Attention: Graduate Program.
Please make sure to use the entire zip code to ensure prompt delivery.
- Junior College transcripts are not required by English department. However, A & R needs them, see below.
- Graduates from CSUN with a BA do not send CSUN transcripts.
8. Notification: Plan ahead, once Admissions and Records receives all transcripts it takes approximately 8-12 weeks before English Department receives application. Students are notified of status via email and U.S. Mail.