The Asian American Studies Department helps students select the program and courses that best satisfy their individual needs and interests. Contact Gina Masequesmay (Chair) at (818) 677- 4966 to schedule an appointment. The College of Humanities (COH) Student Services Center/EOP reviews students’ progress to ensure that the requirements of a major or minor in Asian American Studies are fulfilled. Call (818) 677-4784 or (818) 677-4767 to schedule an appointment with the COH Student Services Center/EOP.
Students interested in declaring the major, double major or minor, seeking graduation evaluations, or looking for routine academic advisement in Asian American Studies are welcome to speak to any of our full-time faculty and go to JR 240 to see an academic advisor to process your paperwork for major and minor declaration.
Dr. Gina Masequesmay
Office Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3pm to 5pm, and by appointment.
Degree Information (download files, pdf format):
The following are forms to help you figure out course requirements at CSUN and in Asian American Studies. Because of budget cuts, we can no longer have a departmental academic advisor. Students must declare their major/minor by going to JR 240 to fill out the paperwork. Nevertheless, please view below for links to relevant information that the department has provided for students.
- GE Planner (.pdf): Form to help you figure out your GE & Title V requirements in order to graduate from CSUN
- Major Check (.pdf): Form to help you figure out classes you need to take to be a STANDARD MAJOR in Asian American Studies.
- Double Major Check (.pdf): Form to help you figure out classes you need to take to be a DOUBLE MAJOR in Asian American Studies and another BA major.
- Minor Check (.pdf): Form to help you figure out classes you need to take to be a MINOR in Asian American Studies.
An advisement plan is basically a layout of recommended classes students should take in the course of their education to graduate in AAS in four years. Here are downloadable plans for the AAS major, double major and minor.
- Four-year plan for AAS Standard Major
- Four-year plan for AAS Double Major
- Four-year plan for AAS Minor
- Five-year plan for AAS Standard Major
- Five-year plan for AAS Double Major
- Five-year plan for AAS Minor