38th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference Has Concluded
How The Blind Life Came to be Known
- Date & Time
- Friday, March 17, 2023 - 1:20 PM PST
- Platinum 9-10 (BROADCAST STUDIO)
- One day, an unemployed Sam Seavey was looking for some way to occupy his time. Having had some experience making videos for YouTube, he decided to create a new channel dedicated to sharing his life living with vision loss. So, in December of 2013, “The Blind Life” was born! Since then, Sam has turned his hobby of making videos into a growing business, which some have labeled “The largest resource for assistive technology information on the Internet”! With over 50,000 subscribers and almost 800 informative videos, Sam helps people worldwide living with vision loss, offers tips for managing daily tasks, reviews assistive devices, and hosts informative interviews with key stakeholders in the visually impaired community. Featured in USA TODAY, WIRED Magazine, and numerous national and international podcasts on assistive technology, he collaborates with tech giants like Google, SONY, and Amazon. Whether working one-on-one with clients or through his YouTube videos, Sam’s goal is to help everyone live their BEST BLIND LIFE!
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
- Learn how Sam created “The largest resource for assistive technology information on the Internet” and his goal to help everyone live their BEST BLIND LIFE!
- Primary Topic
- Secondary Topics
- Session Type
- General Track
- Sam Seavey
The Blind Life
Add to Outlook/iCal (How it works)