38th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference Has Concluded
Wait. I Thought Alexa Was Just a Voice AI?
- Date & Time
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 10:20 AM PST
- Platinum 6 (LIVESTREAM)
- Join us in this session where we bust common myths about who exactly Alexa is designed for. Spoiler alert: Alexa is for everyone. Juliana will take you through a journey of how Alexa has evolved to become more accessible for customers with speech, cognitive, and mobility disabilities. With the Disability community’s, “Nothing about us without us” guiding principle, she’ll share Amazon’s vision for accessibility, how the company works with customers throughout the feature development process, and how new features and expanded functionality are helping Alexa support new customer groups. For example, attendees, like you, will see how non-verbal customers are using touch to interact with Alexa, through Tap to Alexa on Fire tablet, helping them use other devices, play entertainment, and communicate with others.
- Information & Communications Technology
- Disability Specific
- Healthcare & Rehabilitation
- Research & Development
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
- Learn how the Alexa for Everyone team at Amazon is collaborating with people with disabilities to build new assistive technologies. We’ll cover new features that are making Alexa smarter and able to better understand customers every day.
- Primary Topic
- Digital Accessibility
- Secondary Topics
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communications (AAC)
- Mobile Technology
- Product Demonstration
- Session Type
- General Track
- Juliana Tarpey
Add to Outlook/iCal (How it works)