38th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference Has Concluded
Creating Accessible Social Media Content
- Date & Time
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 9:20 AM PST
- Platinum 5 (VISPERO)
Social media is a great tool to form connections, advertise, learn, and be entertained. In order for social media to be inclusive, it is critical that social media content is accessible. This talk will guide you through simple ways to make your social media content more accessible to screen reader users and the Deaf/HoH community. During this talk, you will learn how to utilize accessibility features built into social media platforms, and about best practices for creating accessible social media content.
This Presentation Link is provided by the Presenter(s) and not hosted by the Center on Disabilities at CSUN. The Center on Disabilities has confirmed, as of April 11 2023, content linked is relevant to the presentation, but has not been reviewed for accessibility nor will the Center on Disabilities attempt to remediate any accessibility issues in the linked content. Please contact the Presenter(s) with any accessibility concerns.
- Information & Communications Technology
- Media & Publishing
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
- Social media is a great tool to form connections, advertise, learn, and be entertained. In order for social media to be inclusive, it is critical that social media content is accessible.
- Primary Topic
- Digital Accessibility
- Secondary Topics
- Blind/Low Vision
- Cognitive & Learning Disabilities
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- Session Type
- General Track
- Leilani Mason
Add to Outlook/iCal (How it works)