38th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference Has Concluded
How AudioGames Can Inform Development of Accessible Websites
- Date & Time
- Friday, March 17, 2023 - 10:20 AM PST
- Platinum 5 (VISPERO)
AudioGames are games which rely on audio-only output in response to user input. These games have proliferated in the community of blind individuals for a better part of the early 21st century. AudioGames have entertained kids and adults alike. But how can audio-based games be leveraged to help develop accessible websites? This talk will take an informal approach to informing attendees about what AudioGames are, and how certain concepts found in these games can be employed to realize complex website features.
This PowerPoint Presentation Download Link is provided by the Presenter(s) and not hosted by the Center on Disabilities at CSUN. The Center on Disabilities has confirmed, as of April 11 2023, content linked is relevant to the presentation, but has not been reviewed for accessibility nor will the Center on Disabilities attempt to remediate any accessibility issues in the linked content. Please contact the Presenter(s) with any accessibility concerns.
- Disability Specific
- Entertainment & Recreation
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
- This discussion will address the fun-filled topic of audio gaming, while providing an insight into how concepts in audio gaming relate to developments in the field of web accessibility. Audio properties, maps, and graphs are the topics of focus.
- Primary Topic
- Gaming & Interactive Entertainment
- Secondary Topics
- Blind/Low Vision
- Digital Accessibility
- Session Type
- General Track
- Edgar Lozano
Add to Outlook/iCal (How it works)