38th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference Has Concluded
ICT Testing Baseline Portfolio and Alignment Framework
- Date & Time
- Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 1:20 PM PST
- Grand JK
This presentation will review the development of the ICT Testing Baseline for Web, its supporting framework to assess alignment of methodologies, and other related activities which are all intended to improve testing for Section 508 conformance of other types of ICT. Section 508 conformance testing of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is currently subjective, and test results are dependent on who (or what) is doing the conformance testing. While the standards are defined, interpretation of the standards vary. There are many tools, but each tool maker has their own interpretation of the standards and what it means to meet requirements. Federal agencies use a wide range of disparate testing methods to validate conformance to IT accessibility requirements. This difference in testing leads to:
- Duplication of effort across agencies,
- Inability to share and rely on validation testing results from other agencies
- Confusion among IT product vendors when test results, methodologies, and requirements from agencies conflict with one another.
Section 508 applies to ICT developed, procured, maintained, or used by federal agencies. Inconsistent conformance testing by agencies and industry affect procurement decisions and internal product release decisions. The goal of the ICT Testing Baselines is to ensure consistent and accurate Section 508 conformance testing by establishing standard requirements of testing methodologies used by federal agencies.
This Presentation Link(PowerPoint download) is provided by the Presenter(s) and not hosted by the Center on Disabilities at CSUN. The Center on Disabilities has confirmed, as of March 13, 2023, content linked is relevant to the presentation, but has not been reviewed for accessibility nor will the Center on Disabilities attempt to remediate any accessibility issues in the linked content. Please contact the Presenter(s) with any accessibility concerns.
- Information & Communications Technology
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
- How well does your accessibility conformance test process address Section 508 requirements? Are your test results complete, accurate, and trusted by others? The Section 508 ICT Testing Baseline Portfolio can help you answer these questions.
- Primary Topic
- Digital Accessibility
- Secondary Topics
- Evaluation & Remediation
- Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- Law, Compliance, and Policy
- Session Type
- General Track
- Andrew Nielsen
- Katherine Eng
U.S. Access Board
- Michael Horton