38th Annual CSUN Assistive Technology Conference Has Concluded
Save Our World With Accessibility & Progressive Enhancement
- Date & Time
- Friday, March 17, 2023 - 4:20 PM PST
- Orange County 3-4
This session will highlight how progressive enhancement serves not only accessibility and usability but sustainability through best practices for ensuring no one is excluded, regardless of their technology, and how following these practices also reduce your application's impact on the environment.
This PowerPoint Presentation Download Link is provided by the Presenter(s) and not hosted by the Center on Disabilities at CSUN. The Center on Disabilities has confirmed, as of April 11 2023, content linked is relevant to the presentation, but has not been reviewed for accessibility nor will the Center on Disabilities attempt to remediate any accessibility issues in the linked content. Please contact the Presenter(s) with any accessibility concerns.
- Information & Communications Technology
- Media & Publishing
- Research & Development
- Audience Level
- Session Summary (Abstract)
- Given that 98% of the top websites are not fully accessible and if the Internet was a country it would be the 7th largest polluter — we need better practices to save us. Progressive enhancement can serve accessible, sustainable web services.
- Primary Topic
- Digital Accessibility
- Secondary Topics
- Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- Session Type
- General Track
- Jennifer Strickland
The MITRE Corporation