The Open Enrollment period for Benefits Eligible Employees will take place from Monday, September 10, 2018 through Friday, October 5, 2018.
Open Enrollment is an opportune time to evaluate your current benefits and review what makes the most sense for you and your family going forward. Any changes made during the Open Enrollment period will be effective January 1, 2019.
During the Open Enrollment period, employees may enroll-in, change or cancel Health, Dental, Vision, Flexcash, Dependent Care Account (DCRA), Health Care Reimbursement (HCRA) or Voluntary Benefit Plans.
In order to assist you, the Office of Human Resources will be hosting a Benefits and Wellness Fair on Thursday, September 20, 2018 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. in the University Student Union (USU), Northridge Center. Benefit plan representatives will be available to answer your questions and several of our campus partners will be present, sharing information, products and services available on campus to support your wellbeing. View the Benefits and Wellness Fair page to view the day's agenda. Or, plan to join us during Benefits Awareness Week, September 26th through 28th, which is a series of workshops to help you learn more about voluntary plans and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
You will make changes to your benefit elections in the myNorthridge portal (https://auth.csun.edu/cas/login), via the "Enroll In My Benefits" Link in the Human Resources / Employee pagelet on the Staff tab. Remember to access the portal on or after September 10th but before close of business on October 5th to change your benefit elections. For optimal viewing, access the portal using Chrome or Firefox.
- New Open Enrollment Guidebook, to review your plan options and the 2019 premium rates, visit the CSU Open Enrollment website by logging into the CSYou portal at: https://csyou.calstate.edu/openenrollment.
- Plan Changes for 2019 include:
- PERSCare, PERS Choice and PERS Select: Copayments for urgent care and specialist office visits will increase from $20 to $35.
- PERS Select: Doctor visits will decrease to $10
- PERS Select will award credits to reduce annual deductibles; eliminate hospital tiering, so member can access any hospital in the network at one coinsurance rate; and eliminate coinsurance for inpatient delivery, after enrollment in the Healthy Moms program.
- View a tutorial video on how to enroll and manage your benefit elections at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKp2BzIW3tM&feature=youtu.be
- If you have reviewed the Open Enrollment information, the plan premium rates, and are satisfied with your current elections and do not wish to make any changes, no further action is needed. Your current elections for these plans will automatically continue for plan year 2019. However, if you want a Health Care or Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, you must re-enroll every year.
It's Your Future....Be There, Happy and Healthy
Check Out These Additional Services: