Sede Vacante 1549
November 10, 1549—February 8, 1550
Documents concerning the Election of 1549
- Cardinal Ridolfi to Giovanni Francesco Ridolfi, about Cardinal Farnese's turn to the French faction [November, 1549] [Molini II, no. 434, pp. 429-431]
- Henri II to Ambassador d'Urfé (December 3, 1549) [Ribier II, 238].
- Ambassador Diego Mendoza to the Emperor Charles V. News of the Conclave, from December 2 to December 5. [Druffel I, no. 352].
- French Ambassador Claude d'Urfé to King Henri II: first week of the Conclave (December 6, 1549). [Ribier II, 254-256]
- Ambassador Mendoza to Charles V. News of the Conclave, from December 5 to December 8, with a postscript of the 9th. [Druffel I, no. 355].
- Sieur D'Urfé, French Ambassador to King Henri II: arrival of five French Cardinals (December 13, 1549) [Ribier II, 257-258]
- Report from the Conclavist Ayala to Ambassador Diego Mendoza, with results of the Thirteenth Scrutiny (December 16, 1549) [Druffel I, no. 359].
- Various notes from the Conclave for Ambassador Mendoza (December 16, 1549) [Druffel I, no. 360].
- Report from the Conclavist Ayala to Ambassador Diego Mendoza, with results of the Fourteenth Scrutiny (December 17, 1549) [Druffel I, no. 361]
- Report from the Conclavist Ayala to Ambassador Diego Mendoza, with results of the Fifteenth Scrutiny (December 19, 1549) [Druffel I, no. 366]
- Cardinal de Guise to Henri II, from the Conclave (December 28, 1549) [Ribier II, 259-261]
- D'Urfé to Henri II: French influence growing as Cardinals arrive (January 20, 1550) [Ribier II, 258-259]
- King Henri II to Cardinal de Guise (February 6, 1550) [Ribier II, 263-264].
- Apology of Cardinal de Guise, written probably to the Constable of France (February 8, 1550) [Druffel I, no.386].
- Coronation of Julius III, from the Diary of Angelo Massarello, Master of Ceremonies (February 22, 1550) [Gattico I, 391].
Guillaume Ribier (editor), Lettres et mémoires d' Estat des Roys, Princes, Ambassadeurs et autres Ministres , sous les Règnes de François premier, Henry II, et François II Tome second (Paris 1666).
Joannes Baptista Gattico, Acta Selecta Caeremonialia Sanctae Romanae Ecclesiae ex variis mss. codicibus et diariis saeculi xv. xvi. xvii. Tomus I (Romae 1753).
August von Druffel (ed. Karl Brandi) Beiträge zur Reichsgeschichte, 1546-1551 (München 1873) [Briefe und Akten zur Geschichte des sechzehnten Jahrhunderts, I]
January 22, 2014 10:25 PM