Sede Vacante 1404
October 1—October 17, 1404
Documents concerning the Conclave of October, 1404, in Rome
The Vatican Palace in the mid-XV Century
- Letter of the University of Paris (1394), accusing Pedro de Luna of promoting the Schism [Du Boulay, Historia Universitatis Parisiensis IV, 699-700]
- Negotiations with Pope Boniface IX over the deposition of King Wenceslaus of Bohemia, King of the Romans [Reichstagsakten III nos. 114-115]
- Deposition of King Wenceslaus and Election of King Rupert as King of the Romans (1400)
- Treaty between Benedict XIII and his Cardinals (Chateau Renard, Avignon, March 29, 1403)
- Benedict XIII's Agreement with King Charles V and the Duc d'Orleans (published May 28, 1403).
- From the Book of the Communia Servitia of the College of Cardinals [Contelori, Elenchus, pp. 130-131]
- Theoderic de Nyem and Gobelinus Person, on the death of Boniface IX and the Conclave
- Jean Juvenal des Ursins, on the meeting of the embassy of Pope Benedict XIII with Boniface IX in Rome (September-October, 1404).
- Martin de Alpartil, Chronica Actitatorum temporibus Domini Benedicti XIII
- Gentile Delfini, on the events of October, 1404 [Muratori, Rerum Italicarum Scriptores III. 2, 844]
- Adam of Usk, Auditor of the Rota and Papal Chaplain, on the Death of Boniface IX, the Conclave, and the Coronation of Innocent VII.
- Oath of the Cardinals at the Conclave of 1404 to end the Schism, by resignation if necessary (Rome, October, 1404) [Gobelinus, Cosmidromius chapter 88].
- The Conclave Oath of 1404 (Tuesday, October 14, 1404) [Martène-Durand, Thesaurus novus II, 1274-1276]
- Promise of Innocent VII not to settle the Schism unless everyone recognizes King Ladislaus of Sicily (Rome, November 11, 1404)
October 28, 2014 6:20 PM
©2011 John Paul Adams, CSUN