Types of Research Questions
Check out the science fair sites for sample research questions.
Descriptive Designed primarily to describe what is going on or what exists
- What are the characteristics of a burning candle?
- Which stage of mitosis is longest?
- Which is more common, right-eye or left-eye dominance?
- If two sounds have the same pitch, do they have the same frequency?
- What complimentary colors do color blind individuals see?
- Is there any pattern to occurrence of earthquakes?
- How can one determine the center of gravity?
- Are all printed materials composed of the same colors?
- What is affect of exercise on heart rate?
- What is the effect hand fatigue on reaction time?
- What are the most potent vectors for disease transmission?
- How does exercise affect the rate of carbon dioxide production?
- How is the diffusion of air freshener influenced by temperature?
- How does concentration of silver nitrate affect the formation of silver crystals?