Evaluating Internet Resources
- What institution, agency, organization, company, or individual is responsible for the page?
- Is this a reputable publisher?
- What is the purpose, goals, or nature of the sponsoring organization?
- How can you verify the legitimacy of the page's sponsor or author?
- Is there a statement giving the organization's name as the copyright holder?
- Has this been subject to peer review?
- Are the sources for factual information clearly listed so they can be verified elsewhere?
- Is the information free of grammatical, spelling, and typographical
- What is the motivation for publishing the Website?
- Is there a bias to the information?
- Is there a profit motive for a product related to this website?
- Who is the intended audience?
- When was this article written?
- When was it last updated?