Components of a Semester PlanPreparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable. Dwight David Eisenhower
Review your districts Instructional Guides
- Semester plans should use a logical format and include the following items:
- (a) lecture outline
- (b) reading assignments
- (c) special projects & reports
- (d) laboratory experiments
- (e) demonstrations
- (f) videos resources
- (g) guest speakers, field trips
- (h) group projects
- (i) written assignments
- (k) exams
- See semester plan format.
- The semester plan (course outline) is the guiding document for your class. Administrators, parents, teachers, and students have different interests in the semester plan. You can prepare two different semester plans (one for your self and your administrator, and one for your students and their parents) from the same document using hidden text.