Hands-On Chemistry Activities With Real-Life Applications contains over 300 intriguing investigations designed to engage students in a genuine pursuit of science. Because of the favorable response to Hands-On Physics Activities, the authors used the same approach and philosophy in writing this resource. This hands-on, inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning science follows recommendations set forth in the National Academy of Sciences' National Science Education Standards and the National Science Teachers Association's Scope Sequence and Coordination Project.
- Chemistry Demonstrations - Links from the Catalyst.
- Demonstration and Experiment Ideas - Umea University.
- University of Wisconsin - Chemistry demonstrations
- Flinn Scientific - Producs lab demonstration kits
- Becker's Demonstrations - Text to accompany videos
- University of Leeds - College lecture demonstations
- Countertop Chemistry - NC State University
- Lecture Demonstrations - Indiana University
- Periodic Tables - Interactive periodic tables...
- Chemistry Reference Data - measured values, constants, equations...
- Physics & Astronomy Reference Data - constants, equations...
- Measurement - Measurement resources, Powers of Ten, scaling...
- Spresdhseets - Chemical data in formatted spreadsheets
- Chemmaters - ACS magazine for high school chemistry students.
- Chem-4-Kids - Pre-chemistry education
- Chemistry Books - A variety of chemistry textbooks
- The Catalyst - information for teaching chemistry
- Chemistry Links - Maintained by Yahoo.
- Chemistry Guide - Annotated list of links for chemists and researchers
- Laboratory Safety - Laboratory safety for the chemistry classroom.
- Supply Companies and Suppliers - Order chemistry equipment online.
- Alternative Sources of common chemicals
- Chemical Producers - Chemical manufacturers
- Equipping the Chemisry Laboratory - Strategies for buildng a lab
- Simulated Experiments - Animations, simulations, movies
- Probeware - Instrumentation for collecting data on a computer
- Lesson Plan Ideas - Catalogs of chemistry lesson plans.
- Lesson Planning - Ideas for developing semester plans
- Science Museums - Science museums with chemistry exhibits.
- Science Shows - Science shows that illustrate chemistry concepts.
- Professional Organizations - Organizations for chemistry teachers.
- Science Games - Games to enhance the chemistry classroom
- Chemistry News - Late-breaking news in the fields of earth and space science
- Los Angeles area resources - Resources for teachers in Southern California
Chemistry Curriculum - Planning
- Advanced Placement Chemistry - Sponsored by the College Board.
- Curriculum Standards - Curriculum standards for California and other states.
- Science Projects - Get ideas for science project