Benny E. Golbin Memorial Scholarship
The Benny E. Golbin Memorial Scholarship will rotate yearly between a Jazz and Classical Saxophonist
Jazz Saxophonist Criteria
- Primarily for the Freshman student (renewability considered)
- Personal essay illustrating how this scholarship would assist them with their future goals
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Demonstrates financial need
- Evidence of exceptional interest in jazz performance through involvement in extracurricular and independent jazz projects (founding of an independent ensemble, original composition, etc.)
- Participation in school jazz programs, festivals, etc.
Classical Saxophonist Criteria
- BM in Saxophone Performance
- Minimum 3.25 GPA
- Personal essay illustrating how this award would assist in them meeting their professional goals
- Evidence of meeting the published entrance criteria for the BM Performance, plus any examples of honors activities (quartets, solo ensemble contests, state honor bands, etc.)
Details for scholarship application will be announced in Spring 2016.